What should my regulator bottle dial read?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaja

Reaction score
I have a full 6kg/13pound D size gas bottle.

All I have done is clean out the keg and lines using 10psi and then put more co2 in when done transferring from fermenter to keg and burp then disconnected.

When I turn off the gas at the bottle its held the 10ps on the reg dial for days so there is no leak in the regulator.

But my left side dial that measures tank pressure is at under 5000kpa. I swear when I got it the dial read nearly 6000 but that day was REALLY hot and now its sitting in my keezer at 62F whilst its being used as a fermentation fridge.

BUT what should a full bottle read for this size? Surely I haven't used that much gas when all i have done is clean the lines and burped a keg.:confused:

It should of been full coz it was weighed at the filling station and matched the full weight.

I've sprayed cleaner over the reg out line, T section and put the ball locks in a cup of cleaner too and found no leaks. The kegs hold pressure and are not connected to the gas atm.

First time kegging so I can't use the experience of past bottles and what to expect.

Cheers guys for any info.

CO2 pressure is temperature related until there is no more liquid CO2 in the bottle. Tank size has nothing to do with pressure. I wouldn't worry about it until you hit 2000 kpa or the red-zone, if you have one.

Thanks guys I've learnt something. I pulled it out yesterday and sure enough it went up a fair bit. Tank weight is basically the same as when I bought it and by what I've used it for that should be right. I just had that dream of carbing for a week at drinking pressure like I will and after my first ever few pours the gas runs out LOL

Is there a worse dream?

Latest posts

Back