What should I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
So the wife surprised me with a deep freezer she scored for $50. My question to you guys is what would be best do it to last me the longest. I was thinking either keezer, ferm chamber, or cold storage for kegs I already have a fridge converted to a keg-orator that if I wanted could get it to be a 6 tap. I have two ferm chambers but they have the ice box at the top and are a pain in the ass for fitment at times. Just sorta seeing options and what would last the longest In time and use. Thanks guys let the ideas flow

Will have more details on Thursday with size and everything when it's in my possession

If your ferm chambers are a PITA that's what I'd go for. Should hold a couple of carboys, looks like.

[...]My question to you guys is what would be best do it to last me the longest. I was thinking either keezer, ferm chamber, or cold storage for kegs[...]

Based on the likely cycle times for each application, I would expect the longest longevity would be: "cold storage for kegs", followed closely by "keezer", and then "ferm chamber" as a distant third...

Cheers!

I say convert it to a fermentation chamber & use the other two with freezers at the top for keeping kegs cool & put hops in the freezers.

Yea I think that's what I'm leaning towards my buddy might take my one fridge for w ferm chamber so will have another I'll dedicate to sours and the chest freezer for regular beers

Latest posts

Back