What should I brew next?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfmanbrad

Reaction score
I've done 9 partial mash batches and I can't decide what to do next. I don't like to do kits or clones of popular beers (i'm in MD, so I avoid DFH (even though i'm a huge Sam fan) and Heavy seas). I enjoy original recipes that are a few clicks from standard. I really like IPAs but I think i'm putting anymore on hold until the spring. I did a Maple Vanilla Brown ale, chocolate coffee stout, and caramel cream ale recently. I ferment at 65 and up. Throw some suggestions so I can make up my mind!!!

I have 8 gallons of Fresh Squeezed IPA waiting for Saturday's party (my favorite brew), and its real similar. I use amarillo, cascade, chinook, sorachi. I like the toasted barley in this one. Maybe i'll give that a try next time I hit the fresh squeezed. I need to move from the fruity "did you put pineapple/lemon/orange in this?" beer for this batch though. Thanks for the reply!

I don't secondary, but 3 weeks in primary and 3 weeks in bottles and it's drinkable. I'm still drinking it a year later and it's great.

I (invented?) make a very tasty Citra APA that smells like Sprite and tastes like intergalactic sunshine with a hint of mango:

5.0 gallon batch

9.0lbs Two Row
0.5lbs Honey Malt
1 oz Citra @ 60
.75 oz Citra @ 15
.75 oz Citra @5
Safale S-05 Yeast

Mash @ 156 for 60
Mashout 170 for 10 (I BIAB, do a 170 degree batch sparge instead of a mashout if you do traditional)

3 weeks in primary @ 63F
3 weeks in bottles @ 70F (Shoot for ~2.5 atmospheres)
At least 3 days in fridge to absorb carb

DRINK!

beer, and name sound great. On the list for Springtime. I'm looking for something other than a Pale Ale or IPA right now, and I wanna move from the Citrus flavors.

I doa cascade munich smash ipa. 10 pounds munich, 2 ounces cascade at 60, 1 at 30 one at ten. Dry hop with 3 ounces. Mash low, around 150. Us05 yeast.

I'm not familiar with that. More info please!

A SMaSH means "single malt and single hop" it's a good way to learn about how different ingredients taste when they are the only one in the recipe

doing a smash sounds fun, however I can't all grain, so it would be a lame DME/hop experiment. Haven't done a Nut Brown yet. Any good PM recipes to try? (no clones)

Latest posts

Back