What is your next brew to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 Floyds Zombie Dust clone..Supplies should be here Thursday and I can brew it next Tuesday..:)

After that I am thinking a clone of Arrogant Bastard to take with us end of April for our annual rock festival..:)

First beer of the new year will be in the Pennsylvania Swankey style (Dark mild w/ star anise and anise seed). Just moved to Western PA and thought this would be fitting.

After that will be a sour blonde w/ chardonnay french oak cubes and peaches.

Some Americanized old ale.

Vienna for base with some Caramunich and Victory and a pinch of midnight wheat. Then a pound of homemade no 3 invert sugar (kinda sorta like dark candi sugar).

Delta hops?

Still undecided about yeast. Probably a split batch. Might put in some brett in one half. Not sure yet.

Just brewed an IPA last night with Medusa (neomexicanus) hops as the aroma hops (Cascade bittering). Excited to see the taste when it's done.

My next brew is going to be either a simple APA or an American Wheat - haven't made up my mind.

That IPA I just brewed is going to be the first brew I've ever kegged (making a keezer).

Probably in this order:

Cranberry Wheat
Root Beer Stout
A Straight-up English Pale Ale (the recipe that I came up with conforms to the style of an ESB)

From there, I need to start thinking about spring beers, including a Maibock (hopefully) and another brewing of Edelweiß, which turned out REALLY well the first time I made it.

California common - 2-row, some Munich, a pound of caramel 60, 3 ozs. Northern Brewer. Using WL's American Ale yeast blend.

Just decided it's going to be an Old Ale. Going to oak it and put it aside for 10 months or so

I brewed a lager/hybrid yesterday. It's a Bock but it's with an Ale yeast so since I'm abiding by the ale fermentation temperature range I'm guess I'm brewing an ale?

I have just finished a double brew weekend (high five!) with a Czech pilsner and Westvleteren 12 clone. My next beers will be smaller abv% and shorter grain to glass times.

I am thinking an IPA or two, with a Two Hearted clone a definite option. Then a wee heavy because I bought the yeast and need to use it.

On the hunt for a light house ale.. something anyone can just pour and enjoy. Light, but still tasty, thinking of doing Yoopers Fizzy Yellow.

I put together the grain bill for a Scottish ale, and picked up a pkt of s-04. Then looked at my hops on hand- Cascades, Centennials, and Amarillo.
So..... I'm changing it up a little. Going to mostly late hop it, and hit it with all 3 hops as coldhop at 3 days and again at 7. Plan on calling it "Northeast Scottish Pale Ale". Will probably do it this coming weekend.

Bottling my blueberry vanilla porter on the 20th, brewing a wit on the 21st. Will be enjoying the wit while the porter is aging some.

Brewing up a smoked porter with some peated malt tomorrow, then I'll throw something together for Saturday out of whatever's in my basement. Maybe a pale ale with some simcoe and mosaic.

Made the decision to go with a Two Hearted ale clone. Need something to bottle quickly as my last two are long term projects (a pilsner and a Belgian quad). After that will be another big, long, slow and drawn out affair with a wee heavy.

26 deg out this morning and thinking of summer. Brewing up a Watermelon and Raspberry ale this morning to have it ready for warmer days.

IMG_20170116_075729932_HDR.jpg

Going to brew 5gal each of a Pilsner and a Black Lager this weekend. Debating whether or not to try and cram them both in on one day.

I am going to brew a Wheat beer this weekend but with a twist. The brew club has their round two of Iron Brewer. The two ingredients I need to use are any citrus fruit and tea. With that being said, I figured a Wheat beer would be a good style to go with. I figured I would use some Sorachi Ace hops and add some dried lemon peel too (the citrus fruit part), but I figured the two would complement each other. The tea part I am going to use a few ounces of the remaining Teavana loose leaf tea we have. Its a "Youthberry & Wild Orange Blossom" tea.

I'm not sure how much of the lemon peel to use or when to add it as of yet. But the tea I figure I will let it soak in vodka for a few days, then add the tea to a "tea ball" and let it cold steep in the keg for several days or until the keg kicks. I'll also dump the vodka in to the keg too from the tea.

Rye saison, 10gal split between a kettle sour getting 3711 in primary and then Brett B in secondary and then the other is a non-soured co-pitch of 3711/Brett B

I may do a mead this week. Also thinking about doing a Nut Brown Ale which should be good for Spring and early Summer.

Going to brew a new variation of my Rye ESB (my dogs name is Riley so I call it RYE'ley ESB).

Maris Otter, some Amber, a little crystal and a small amount of rye and flakes rye. Hops are Brewers gold, fuggles and EKG.

Red Seal and Red Hook ESB clones along with a Marris Otter Willamette SMASH are fermenting.

I think I want to try to make some Porter next, or some fruity wheat beer for SWMBO. Oh heck with it I will do both, seemed like it wasn't much more work to do two batches in a day.

I just need a few more kegs, that's all......:D:D

:mug::mug::mug:
Would you be willing to share your Red Seal recipe? I really enjoy it and would love to make something close. Thanks

Would you be willing to share your Red Seal recipe? I really enjoy it and would love to make something close. Thanks

Sure thing bud. Unfortunately my internet is down at the moment so it might be a couple of days. I will probably post it up in the recipe section but I will let you know when I do.

Friend who got out of brewing gifted me all his hops in his freezer, and a bag of grain.

Only notes he has on it was "BYO Magazine Bacon Porter"

Anyone have the recipie? I'm just going to hop it like a normal porter.

Upside, it's only costing me a pack of WLP002 English Ale Yeast. If it's good? FREE BEER! If it's not? Free Beer!

Back