What is the equivalent to......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked on a lhbs website, and here is the specs list for that LME:

Gold - Liquid Malt Extract
DESCRIPTION: Liquid extract produced from 100% Malted Barley.
INGREDIENTS: Barley Malt, water
TYPICAL ANALYTICAL Solids ....................................................79%
SPECIFICATIONS: Color* ................................................... 6-10 °L
Original Gravity** ............................... 11.5 °P
Final Gravity......................................... 1.6-2.0 °P
COLOR* The color range given is that which would be expected of the final beer provided the O.G. is 11.5 °P +/- and a one hour boil with no scorching.
BEER TYPES: Pilsner, lager, pale ale, dortmunder, marzen, low calorie, low alcohol.
UTILIZATION: The original gravity (amount of extract used) is determined by the beer style and the desired alcohol level in the finished beer. Generally, for lagers, the original gravity ranges from 10 – 13 °P; hopping rate is low to medium, targeting for 15 - 25 IBU. The final beer flavor will be Greatly affected by the type of hops, the type of yeast, and the fermentation temperatures. Any combination of 2 - 3 types of is used to develop the various styles of dark beer.

So, it doesn't say what kind of basemalt it is, but it's suggested to use it in pilsners and it's got a light color, so I wonder if it's a pilsner malt? Just a guess, of course.

I thought pilsner malt was their pilsner exract, which is a Extra light equivalent.

this is a 2 row equivalent aint it?

Latest posts

Back