What is the best secondary regulator for the money

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullhawk

Reaction score
I am looking for the best deal on a secondary regulator for my keezer. I just order my taps, 650 perlicks and now need to get my regulator. I want to be able adjust my kegs individually and I'm not sure what the best option is.

I purchased a TapRite 4-way secondary regulator for about $150 on sale a few months back (still is the same price) and i have little experience with regs but this thing is sick. Instead of using a Flathead screwdriver to adjust psi, all u need to do it turn a grooved knob.

Let me tell you... I was struggling with this very question just last week.

You want to spend the money because you will only have to do it once. I've gone through a few of the cheaper ones usually because the seals fail (simple rebuild fix) but when you dump 20 pounds of C02 through them the housing tends to warp or crack or you can never get them to sit where you want and they creep to over carbing your brew.

I ended up doing exactly what double_D suggested. I waited for the perfect combination of free shipping and discounts to line up and pulled the trigger on a Premium secondary,

http://www.micromatic.com/premium/1-pressure-secondary-co2-regulator-premium-series-1161

You can get them in any combination you need for your setup and they are worth every penny just from the feel alone.. I picked up a combination of 3 and in weight alone they are 7 pounds. I'm actually in the process of getting them into my keezer and I VERY excited to not have to dick around with a screw driver to set them. The pictures online to not do these things justice so if you want to see some more shoot me a PM.

The only con I have so far is wishing I could have purchased them with 0-30psi gauges vs. the 0-60 they come with

Watch the threads.I "think" the tapright have opposite threads and that's why I couldn't by there add a reg. By opposite I mean instead of lefty loosey its lefty tighty

Back