What is it about this time of year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
......that gives me the itch to brew?

A month ago I brewed my Bust-a-Nut Brown ale.
Two weeks ago I brewed my annual traditional Bock.
Next weekend I am brewing a Bourbon Barrel Stout (My first attempt at this one)
At the end of Feb I will be making my annual OktoberFest.
Come late spring I will prolly be done brewing till at least till fall.

It seems to go like this every year- I brew like a banshee in late winter/early spring and then am done for the most part till the next year. Anyone else go through that?

I do brew a lot right about now, but that's to get the lagers done for the summer.

I don't think I have a slow period during the year.

I will say that my drinking slows down until baseball season gets going. Gawd, it's a long off-season. It's my only sport.

I was just sayin to the O.H. that more than any other year I can think of, I've really had enough of winter days that get dark so quick.

Not sure why this year it's bugged me as much.
Maybe because here in S.E. Lower Michigan we have had a lot of spring-like temperature ... but not the length of daylight you'd have in that season.
A serious tease ... but I'll take it when I can get it ... smoke em if ya got em.

This winter too I've done less recreational drinking than any other; even though I have put down about 30 gallons of wine (cranberry, crabapple, cider, banana, lemon, spiced apple/cherry, and sake). That's the thing about wine ... I can just let it sit.

Back