What is floating in my carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazingsun81

Reaction score
Just made a pilsner
6.6lb pilsner malt
4.4lb 2row
3 lbs of corn maze
Double decoction
60min boil /hops
Pitch wyeast 2124
When I woke up this morning I notice this odd cloudy material floating just under the top.
First time using corn maze wasnt sure if it cause this .
Thoughts ?

View attachment 1476190506554.jpg

one of my first ones was like that lol nothing to worry about.

My first answer.. dead hoookers. Gotta properly sanitize. Second answer? Stuff.

2b1e06e902bb95fe155b98420c5c5918.jpg

Thanks for the feed back , I've never seen this happen before so it was a surprize to wake up to.
And skraeling do you know how hard to it to clean dead hooker out of a carboy. Their hooker boots are the worst its like using a plastic bag to get a bung out of the carboy.

Did you use whirlfloc or something? I have had something similar to this at least a few times when using a whirlfloc tablet.

Well, that Whirlifloc is doing its job and making those proteins coagulate like a mofo. That'll lead to clearer beer in the end.

Thanks for the feed back , I've never seen this happen before so it was a surprize to wake up to.
And skraeling do you know how hard to it to clean dead hooker out of a carboy. Their hooker boots are the worst its like using a plastic bag to get a bung out of the carboy.

Does fivestar make a pbw for hookers? HBW?

Latest posts

Back