What is a "SWIMBO"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernltz

Reaction score

:off:

All right, I know I am going to sound stupid here, but here goes nuttin’. I read these threads here on Home-Brew Talk regularly, and I have been able to decipher almost all of the acronyms I have seen used in the posts. However, this one, "swimbo" or a close approximation has me confused. I have gathered based on the other information in the posts, that “swimbo” refers to a wife / girlfriend / significant other, or that kind of person / relationship in which the author is describing. An example of this being used would be as follows:

“This weekend I will be brewing up a batch of strawberry wheat beer, so I will have a drinkable beer for the Swimbo. “ Or “Swimbo would surely make my Super bowl party painful to endure if she does not have at least a six pack of something painfully sweet to drink.”

So, what exactly does the term “swimbo” mean? I know this is off beer topic, so I put it here in general Chit Chat.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you all,
In beer we trust,
:tank:
Kurt

Did you google it? Probably would have gotten an instantaneous response. That's how I learned the acronyms on here, even "eac."

She who imagines me being (an) ogre

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Did you google it? Probably would have gotten an instantaneous response. That's how I learned the acronyms on here, even "eac."

I googled PKU and found nothing that seemed right. I figured I'd let the kids have it.

She Who Must Be Obeyed was a 500-year-old queen in She, one of H Rider Haggard's novels. I think it was published around 1900; maybe a little later.

Seriously people, we gave away the answer in less than ten page?!?!? And that is not what EAC means - keep trying but nobody better give it.away ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm shocked at how quickly that answer was given up. I thought it was customary to never reveal what SWMBO stands for in a thread asking what it stands for... Disappointed in the homebrewing community this morning. Now I have to go to work (the LHBS) today and tell everybody homebrewing is going down the toilet...

ahem. he asked about SWIMBO, not SWMBO don't put words in his mouth

and to answer the OP's question,
SWIMBO is more demanding- She Who Immediately Must Be Obeyed.

You didn't read my response was to someone else asking about the non-existent I. You also did not read my response to the OP about SWIMBO being She Who Is My Brewing Overlord. If you are going to slam someone, at least read the entire thread first.

You didn't read my response was to someone else asking about the non-existent I. You also did not read my response to the OP about SWIMBO being She Who Is My Brewing Overlord. If you are going to slam someone, at least read the entire thread first.

Lighten up Francis, was not slamming you. Sorry you took it that way...
RDWHAHB!

061009-Bo-Derek-400_zps0c67826f.jpg

SWIMBO- so when is my big orgasm?
stop wizzing in my beer ok
slapping Whitney isn't my best offense

Latest posts

Back