What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my blonde ale. Just finished cleaning the 3 gallon BB it was in, trying to decide what's going into it next...

Cleaned the brew room, boil kettle and fermenting vessels.
Checked gravity on the Imperial IPA, made sure the Strawberry Blonde was getting a good start fermenting and prepped the grain bill for a Hefe brew on Monday.
Tomorrow I clean and prep some kegs for the IPA to go into.

Sanitizing bottles and misc images for bottling my hefe today. Took gravity reading, OG of 1.015, making it a tad over 6.5%, just how I wanted it. I smell cloves, and it has almost a Belgian yeast to it also, smells great!

Brewed an all grain American pale ale. Hit all my volumes and OG. And drank a couple while doing it.

Big day! Lhbs didn't open till 11 so I assembled our second temp controller (eBay) then ran out to pick up grains for today's brewday. We racked 5 of oktoberfest to a corny and 5 of RyePA to secondary in the down time of our 10 gal oktoberfest brewday. We are really putting it in high gear since we decided to have an Ofest bash. Wish us luck!

I drank too much beer anticipating my fathers release from the hospital...no word yet.

Sprayed my hop plants with a strong insecticide. I prefer organic, but it wasn't getting the job done... and something is making lacework out of the hop leaves. :mad:

Dawnhulio said:
Sprayed my hop plants with a strong insecticide. I prefer organic, but it wasn't getting the job done... and something is making lacework out of the hop leaves. :mad:

Have you tried organicide? Ive had intense pest problems and it's been working really well for me.

I bottled my pale ale in preparation for an event in two weeks, and I checked the gravity reading of my oktoberfest to ensure that it is fermenting. (It is yay!!!!)

Was going to brew the Blonde I couldn't get to this weekend, but maintenance issues plus exhausting work day mean I'm not doing that. Instead, stuck my yeast starter in the fridge, will decant and step up Thursday to hopefully brew this weekend.

Soaked bottles in oxyclean and delabled them in preparation for bottling on Friday. Figured out the exact volume of my brew kettle so I can do more precise volume measurements. One of these days I'll get around to installing a proper sight glass. Also assembled the Barley Crusher I got in the mail today. And by assemble, I mean stuck the hopper on and tightened the screws to hold it in place.

Tonight after work I:
-Took a sample of my Irish Red and replaced the blowoff with an airlock
-Took a sample of my Saison and moved it upstairs for higher ferm temps
-Cleaned my kegerator and kegged my hopped cider

Have you tried organicide? Ive had intense pest problems and it's been working really well for me.

That's my go-to for all my garden items, treated the hop plants with several applications of it - to no avail. Rest of the garden is fine with no plant damage... just the hops are continuing to be chewed.

Tested my stir plate with the properly sized stir bar I got in the mail today and I am going to hook up my new Johnson temp controller when it arrives. Expecting it today.

Brewed a 10g Porter, then ran a smalls of the grain. Why waste good mash. Then went and started my gantry grain setup for the brewery.

IMG_0977.jpg

winch and a few more parts no more lifting.

Complained up the corporate ladder of a supermarket chain for their mishandling of their beer. No excuse for half a mix and match 6 pack of domestic craft beer, in brown bottles no less, to be undrinkably skunky.

Bottled my Oaked and Smoked Belgian last night. Definitely tastes like bacon....and can't wait for it to get carbed.

just moved my robust porter over to the secondary. Tasted a little bit, and hands down it's the best beer I've brewed yet. I'll cold crash in 6 days, then keg it 3 days later. Cant wait!!!!

lowering the temp on my helles. going to keg it this weekend. was at 50 degrees on sunday, been lowering it 2 degrees everyday till this sunday. then keg and force carbonate.

Bought $80 worth of ingredients for the two brews I am doing this weekend. Then I bought $98 worth of beer to drink while I brew since I don't have enough homebrew in the pipeline.

grains-55861.jpg

Bottled 5 gal of PM stout. Tasted the hydro sample, and it was delicious! I'm in the process of cleaning up now.

Latest posts

Back