What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my signs for the fermenting brews. Hopefully bathroom visitors will leave them...erm..the f@*# alone. :)

ForumRunner_20120529_223823.jpg

ForumRunner_20120529_223906.jpg

Sat on my couch this morning, drinking coffee, and listened to the beautiful symphony that is coming from my blowoff tube.

And as I type this, I realized I could not type that sentence in any other forum without being blocked or arrested!

kscarrington said:
Sat on my couch this morning, drinking coffee, and listened to the beautiful symphony that is coming from my blowoff tube.

And as I type this, I realized I could not type that sentence in any other forum without being blocked or arrested!

Brilliant! Almost spit out my beer!! :)

I spent a coulple hours training hop bines and trimming back new recruits. Oh crap, I forgot to water.....guess I'll go do that.

Bought a keg fridge. Used and needs some work. 2 faucets, 2 sanke couplers, regulator, empty 20# tank. $250.

kscarrington said:

We don't judge...all are welcome...just use brewing terms and we'll all say we do the same.

Bottled 5 gallons of IPA. Getting ready to brew 5 gallons of Hefeweizen, and 5 gallons of amber ale tomorrow.

Bottled 3 gallons (a bit short of the intended 5 gallons) of Dead Ringer aka Daddy's Angry IPA.

First I hit up a garage sale and scored 4 cases of brewers bottles (no labels!) and 6 clean and delabeled bomber bottles, Oh, and one of those screw-on-to-the-faucet-bottle-washer-thingies, all for $25! I was stoked. Then I washed and delabeled 40 bottles that a buddy gave me yesterday DO'OH! Then I cleaned up the brew area while drinking a homebrew. I have enough bottles to last a loooong time

First I hit up a garage sale and scored 4 cases of brewers bottles (no labels!) and 6 clean and delabeled bomber bottles, Oh, and one of those screw-on-to-the-faucet-bottle-washer-thingies, all for $25! I was stoked. Then I washed and delabeled 40 bottles that a buddy gave me yesterday DO'OH! Then I cleaned up the brew area while drinking a homebrew. I have enough bottles to last a loooong time

There's *never* enough. Just you wait. :mug:

Cleaned out the keggerator, bought a temperature controller for a fermentation chamber. Got some brew supplies for the brew tomorrow. First batch in 95 degree Sacramento summer. Ice, check...

Fourth 12-hour overnight brewing shift in a row... Sore as hell, but there's 200 bbls of IPA to show for my night's work.

Dawnhulio said:
That is the most beautiful thing I've seen. *shudder*

Thank You!!! It has been a fun project, now I need to catch up on some brewing.

Bought back a cornie that I sold to a neighbor who doesn't brew much anymore. It shall be put back into service TODAY!

I used starsan for the first time to sanitize my bottles and bottling bucket, and put my BetterBrew Northern Brown Ale (LME, No sugar) on bottles, my last KIT beer!

Then i took a sample of my first AG wheat beer, it reached 1.010 after only 2 days fermenting, but it has been sitting now for a week, i would bottle but i need bottles!

I wanted to get a pipeline going, but now it has come down to me not having bottles to use xD Wich is good ofcourse, i have 6 cases (24x500ml in each case) + 3x2L bottles of beer sitting around now conditioning and carbonating :)

I brewed my Cascade Pale Ale mini mash kit.

This isn't my first mini-mash kit, but I didn't hit my numbers right on because I'm pretty sure I didn't sparge correctly. My strainer was a bit small for the 4 lbs of grain. I should have let the bag just sit in the sparge water once I figured that out, but I was in a bit of a hurry. Also, a small spill of the wort wasn't the greatest thing either, but I didn't lose that much.

All I have to do is pray I didn't infect my batch when I stirred in my top off water with an unsanitized spoon. I rinsed the spoon and wiped it off with a dishrag. I was giving the wort a good stir in the ice bath when I realized I forgot to hit it with the Star San. Then I realized my error, and I was already at 80 degrees. Oops.

It'll be beer. How good of a beer is unknown.

Made a starter using wyeast 1214 for my Belgian in the morning. Third time using my stir plate. Love that thing!

Backsweetened my Skeeter Pee and racked a Cranberry Wine to secondary. Also busted my head on the corner of my cabinet.

bwarbiany said:
Built my collar for the keezer. Used 2x8 for the collar, with 1/2" x 10" red oak as a face for the collar. Stained with some nice dark stain.

Ha. I just saw this tweet while browsing the homebrew hashtag. Looks good.

Spent some time running some new twine between the cables on my hops trellis as the growth this year has been outstanding and a few of my nines were doubling up on themselves. Looking for a great harvest... #crossingfingers

Back