What happens after the primary fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium82

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, most of the videos on YouTube talk about how we start the primary fermentation and then we need to bottle at the end.

However, I would like to know how to proceed right after bottling.

I have been given different instruction, but they are mainly for those who wanna favour kombucha. I am not planning to do that.

Do I just bottle, add some sugar, close the bottles, move them every now and them in the first 24 hrs and then what?

1, How long till the kombucha is drinkable and ready (fizzy enough)?
2, how much sugar do I need per 0.33L and 0.5L bottles?
3, Does it matter if the tea and scoby are exposed to light (not direct sunlight) during primary and/or secondary fermentation?

Thank you.

Do I just bottle, add some sugar, close the bottles, move them every now and them in the first 24 hrs and then what?

1, How long till the kombucha is drinkable and ready (fizzy enough)?
2, how much sugar do I need per 0.33L and 0.5L bottles?
3, Does it matter if the tea and scoby are exposed to light (not direct sunlight) during primary and/or secondary fermentation?
Pretty much…
1. Usually takes about 7-10 days for a good natural carbonation to occur.
2. If you want to add only sugar, you can try going with priming sugar for beer and using the same ratio for home brewed beer. Personally, I would suggest you make a sweet tea with a twist of lemon and add 2-3 ounces of that in a 12 ounce bottle fermented Booch.
3. Keep it in the dark. I would suggest 7 to 10 days in a dark closet with even 68-72F temperature, then another week in the fridge.

Back