What fresh hell is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmo Peach

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made a 7 gall batch of beer using some South American Vienna malt I got cheap ($35 CND for 50 lbs.)

I used 10 lbs. Vienna Malt
! lb. corn
1 lb. wheat
1 lb. dextrose. (The gravity reading was very low)

2 oz. Hallertau 4.9 aa one once @ 60 min. 1/2 oz. @30min 1/2 oz. at flame out

It is now 7 days in the Fermzilla at 8 lbs. pressure in ambient temp. 72-74 F OG 1.045 now according to my Tilt it is 1.004

Any idea of why? I am going to put it in beer fridge now. I have not tasted it but am going to soon. Hoping it is ok

What was your mash schedule? What yeast are you using?

Most yeasts ferment quickly under pressure at warm temps. It's been a week and I wouldn't be surprised if it's done by now. You made a beer and it'll likely be drinkable. Whether you hit the beer you were shooting for or made something else is up to you.

What was your mash schedule? What yeast are you using?

Most yeasts ferment quickly under pressure at warm temps. It's been a week and I wouldn't be surprised if it's done by now. You made a beer and it'll likely be drinkable. Whether you hit the beer you were shooting for or made something else is up to you.
Mash: 65c 1 hr. no mash out, boil 1 hr. rest 10 min cooled t 24c pitch dry yeast

Back