what does turbo cider taste like ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryf3661

Reaction score
So ive been brewing my frist batch of turbo and ive enjoyed it so far but the fact of the matter is ive never tasted turbo :)) i went with a simple turbo pound of suger and 12 cartions of store apple juice and two bottles of fresh apple juice so what can a expected to taste a nice strongbow like drink or a cheap cider what tastes like a dogs dinner or something different all together

I'm not familiar with the recipe you are referring to but from the info you have given, I would say your cider will taste more like a white wine than strongbow unless you plan on aging it for awhile or backsweetening and bottle pasteurizing. Ciders ferment rather dry, definitely drier than strongbow.

I'm not familiar with the recipe you are referring to but from the info you have given, I would say your cider will taste more like a white wine than strongbow unless you plan on aging it for awhile or backsweetening and bottle pasteurizing. Ciders ferment rather dry, definitely drier than strongbow.

its not really recipe as such a got the 12l of juice to start with just because a thought a could not get real apple juice next day while in two a found it so a bought two bottles in added them a day later sugars but cheap table sugar tbh am not really sure if a would dry it right away if it tastes like wine cause tbh a dont like the stuff so a would leave it for a good while back sweetening its a possibly :tank:

Can anyone translate?

haha am sorry its this fone a mean i never went with a Recipe a got 12 liter of apple juice made from con and the next day a wis up the town and noticed a store called two what was doing pure pressed apple juice a bought some of this and added it the next day and a used just cheap white sugar and a was meaning a hope it does not taste like white wine because a dont like white wine :)

haha am sorry its this fone a mean i never went with a Recipe a got 12 liter of apple juice made from con and the next day a wis up the town and noticed a store called two what was doing pure pressed apple juice a bought some of this and added it the next day and a used just cheap white sugar and a was meaning a hope it does not taste like white wine because a dont like white wine :)

Ahhhhh got ya. What kind of yeast did you use?

If you use an ale yeast it won't dry out on you as much as a wine yeast will. I always use US 05. Brown sugar will add a bit more character than plain ol' white sugar will also.

Oh yeah, if you mean you are using turbo yeast it will be drier than the salt flats. Pr'ly taste better though.

If you use an ale yeast it won't dry out on you as much as a wine yeast will. I always use US 05. Brown sugar will add a bit more character than plain ol' white sugar will also.

Thank you for that info a will order some of that yeast for the next batch and go with the brown sugar

Back