What do you drink at the pub/bar/restaurant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traveling for work and going to a bar can get out of hand very quickly. I know from experience. 4 of us ended up having to explain a $973 bar receipt that the guy in charge decided to expense. Crazy crazy night....

Good job choosing micro over PBR ;)

My boss was at the table. So that either made it better or worse depending on your perspective :drunk:

In my neck of the woods, most places offer Shiner Bock which, though it isn't really a bock, is drinkable. Mexican imports are also around, so Negro Modelo is an option too.

Thankfully, St. Arnold from Houston and Real Ale from Blanco are catching on here, so craft beer is slowly gaining a foot hold.

Pretty much every place I go to eat in town as the following four options and keeps their kegs pressurized and their lines clean:
  • Sierra Nevada Pale
  • Fat Tire
  • Sam Adams (+ seasonal variety)
  • Pearl Street Brewery Downtown Brown (my local microbrewery)
If none of those are available I'll stick with water.

Pretty much every place I go to eat in town as the following four options and keeps their kegs pressurized and their lines clean:
  • Sierra Nevada Pale
  • Fat Tire
  • Sam Adams (+ seasonal variety)
  • Pearl Street Brewery Downtown Brown (my local microbrewery)
If none of those are available I'll stick with water.

Pearl Street is my new project to start trying more of their beers, just had some lederhosen lager last weekend, fantastic stuff. Do they do tours and such?

Most places around here have decent beer, but if I really need a beer and the only thing they have thats not crap, gotta go with Blue Moon.

Otherwise scotch with a splash of water, or a white russian.

ArkotRamathorn said:
Pearl Street is my new project to start trying more of their beers, just had some lederhosen lager last weekend, fantastic stuff. Do they do tours and such?

I've never had an opportunity to go on one of their tours but they offer one every Saturday. Given that the entire brewery and taproom occupies one big warehouse flat with just a chest-high wall separating the two pretty much any day you go there is a tour. Joe (the owner) is usually around and friendly as hell, there's free music every Friday night on a stage in theme tap area and the place is kid friendly. It's not new and shiny by any means (except the tanks, obviously) but it's a very nice facility.

They also have the plus side of having taproom specific beers most of the time.

Yuengling is like craft beer?
I drank it some while in Pennsylvania, but with Victory and Yards around why drink it? I'd call it a regional BMC beer.
I'm feeling better and better about living in Portland. My 2 local draft lists:
http://www.belmont-station.com/
http://www.horsebrass.com/beer/guest/

+1 on the Horse Brass I love that place! The fact that they a awesome taplist and casks make it one of my favorite spots, although I always get the Choc cherry stout from Walking Man Brewing while I'm there ..followed by something else ;-)

Latest posts

Back