What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a high school counsellor. Right now, none of my students are planning to go into pro brewing, although I am working on it.

That's awesome. I'm a high school math teacher. So many possible brewing applications I could work in to my lessons...

On a purely academic level (for adolescents I mean), it's a shame that beer produces alcool. I could see myself starting a brewing club at school any day!
There are so many interesting aspects in fermentation. Just seeing action in an air lock and watching yeasties flying all over the place having a good time would surely get kids interested in chemistry, biology, history, geography. The list is never ending.

I teach earth Science. I also teach Biology and we have done a fermentation to show how alternative fuels are produced. We remove the ethanol form the mixture and ignite it.:)

MD/PhD student, biochemistry. Used to build front-ends for enterprise websites that were data-driven on the back-end. Dot-com was kind to me, after that... not so much. Was also in the Army a ways back, '93-99. Science is my focus now, though, especially medical applications thereof. ;)

Lotsa scientists on here! Makes perfect sense to me, actually. :)

I've read through both the threads on this subject, and amazingly I didn't see anyone else even close to being in my industry. I'm an accountant for a large multinational firm that manufactures big yellow earthmoving and mining equipment among other things.

HMMMM, and your location is Peoria, IL! I could take a shot in the dark to guess the company, but I'll hold back for now!!! :)

I rake up poop....

Hobbies right now are pretty much getting ready for my wedding. After that I'd like to get into Falconry.

Retired Army Special Forces. Not much call for that in the civil sector.

Hobbies besides brewing. Hiking, camping, geocaching, hunting, fishing, and anything else that gets me outside and moving. Oh and Brewing.

And drinking good beer. and reading about brewing.

Train conductor on a class 3 shortline railroad. Its been an interest of mine for a while and I'm really thankful to have the job. Although hours can be tough I really think it is outweighed by the nature of the job. You never know what might happen day to day.

As far as hobbies go, playing golf. I liveeeeee to play golf on the weekends. Brewing beer is starting to creep up on the list as well. And watching curb your enthusiasm and seinfeld on those rainy days.

I have a degree in Criminal Justice. I am "technically" working in my field as a guard for the largest printed circuit manufacturing company in the U.S. (third largest in the world). I work third shift (which is why 90% of my posts are between midnight and oh-eight-hundred) and it kicks ass.

In my spare time I like to fart, burp, and make other body noises to annoy my girlfriend. I too collect belly lint. One day it will be considered currency and I will finally be rich.

I ride my Harley Sportster everyday that I can, rain or shine (not snow). Do not try to race me, Harley's aren't fast, if I wanted to go fast, I would've bought a sport bike. I RIDE and take the longest route possible to Point B. It's not about the destination to me.

Harley's aren't fast...

I'd argue that. Did a poker run once with some retired E7s who rode Harleys. I had a Kawi Ninja. I was doing 95 mph while trying to stay with them, then I decided I'd just as soon *live* rather than try to keep up with 'em... :eek:

I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic. I retired due to an injury, so kid's, I'm not as much of an old fart as you might think. I currently drive a tow truck part time.

As for my hobbies, brewing, gardening, and my dogs are it. Even being retired, I don't have much time for anything else.

I own a tree service. funny, well maybe not, but I hate heights. Been climbing trees for 22 years and it still scares the crap out of me, but I'm damn good at what I do. maybe thats why I need beer at the end of the day :drunk:

Back