What do I cook with this beast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drizzt

Reaction score
I just got this for Father's Day and I am think I can put it together this week. It's got a smoker, charcoal grill, gas grill and infrared burner. What should I cook? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403040691.187160.jpg

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

Simplest thing is burgs/dogs/brats, corn on cob, asparagus, pole beans, that kind of stuff. You should be able to trill the meat on one part of that monster and some sides over the burner. Maybe heat some baked beans over there, or simmer the brats in apple juice and carmelized onions and red/green peppers.

If you want to smoke right away, pork butts are the easiest thing because they are so fatty they are hard to overcook. Baby backs are a fan favorite too!

Pork butt? Been smoking chickens all weekend, but a nice smoked pork butt, shredded and turned into a sandwich sounds good right about.

Thick cut steak, of your choice cut. How else are you going to break in the sear burner? Or maybe sear a large roast on all sides and finish it on the smoker? Or how about 3 dozen smoked oysters and brats on the other side? Whatever you do make sure you burn that sucker HOT for at least a half an hour to burn off everything from the factory. Don't want oil flavored meats.

Thank you for the burn off recommendation I'm sure I would have forgot and ruined something. I have a bad habit of just doing things my way then eventually doing them the right way. That's why I love brewing as long as I have sugar and yeast I make beer. Some better than others.

Thank you for the burn off recommendation I'm sure I would have forgot and ruined something. I have a bad habit of just doing things my way then eventually doing them the right way. That's why I love brewing as long as I have sugar and yeast I make beer. Some better than others.

My pleasure. I actually just got a new Huntington Rebel 440 like 2 weeks ago and that thing smoked for 20 minutes and food had never touched it. Wouldn't want to guess what it tasted like :eek:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403479723.481369.jpg. Got it together and burned out I think next weekend are some kc style ribs

Lamb breasts are awesome when slow grilled. They are about 1 kg each. Grill them nice and brown on both sides first, then put them on the upper rack and just let them slowly drip out most of their fatty layers. Cut them into individual ribs with a strong pair of kitchen scissors when they're done (trust me, my Zwilling kitchen scissors will go through the breast joint). They taste too good to be true...

I will certainly ask nicely but "grabbing your jockey box" has a certain ring to it doesn't it?

hey, with all the power outage and heavy rain taking place last night, i forgot to give you some rub! PECO says no power until TOMORROW @6pm, probably because it's only a lowly 40 people affected. :(

I can drop off some of the rub though if you'd like..

I'll get it next time I see you I'm only grilling a turkey for the party but thanks. PECO SUCKS.

When I first saw that thing, I immediately thought to modify it like THIS.......

Connect the 2 sides with a closeable pipe.

coals and chips on the charcoal, meat on the grates of the gas side, NO HEAT.

BAM.

Smoker.

When I first saw that thing, I immediately thought to modify it like THIS.......

Connect the 2 sides with a closeable pipe.

coals and chips on the charcoal, meat on the grates of the gas side, NO HEAT.

BAM.

Smoker.

The far side car is actually a smoke box are you taking about improving that?

I can kick her in high gear and go????

Latest posts

Back