What did you get from your LHBS today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called mine to have them get in some beechwood smoked 2row and some wine yeast I’m looking for. Hopefully will pick up by the end of next week. Does your local shop do special orders for you?

Called mine to have them get in some beechwood smoked 2row and some wine yeast I’m looking for. Hopefully will pick up by the end of next week. Does your local shop do special orders for you?

Yes. And after my second time special ordering Munton's DME, it's on his shelf. Not much, but enough to fill my usual order.

If you've got a good LHBS, buy as much as you can from them.

SO4, SO5, for ciders, Omega Hot Head yeast for a session Mead. Along with a large hops basket repurposed for fruit in a wide mouth fermenter.

Omega Hot Head Yeast _ OLY 51

Yes have used it on eleven 4.5 gallon batches to date.

Ferments an OG of 1.065 to 1.075 equal parts juice & water with 6 to 9 pounds honey depending on the sugars in the juice at 88 Deg F. With TOSNA 3.0 nutrient calculation all up front. Typically ferments to 1.010 in 7 to 10 days remove from heat rack and allow to finish in secondary for 20 to 30 days. Then balance with wine tannin, acid and vanilla to taste. Keg and carb.

No fusels nice clean ferment. Drinkable in less than 30 days and really good after 3 months.

Edit - Takes fruit flavors well that match your juice.

Tonight I'm taking the Mrs. to the LHBS for a 7 course meal with beer pairings. My LHBS is awesome like that, it's a brewery, too.

Tonight I'm taking the Mrs. to the LHBS for a 7 course meal with beer pairings. My LHBS is awesome like that, it's a brewery, too.
That’s great! We have three left on Long Island. One sells wine cellar equipment and the other two are hardware stores (one barely has a few shelves).

Stopped in for Belgian Pilsner malt, but not in stock. They did have hops I need and I did pick up some dry yeast. Got a case of tall necks for competition entries and top notch service bringing it to the car.

Latest posts

Back