What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11-111-trophy-hunter-xp-lh81.png

in .243. Can't wait to shoot it.:)

The wife secretly bought me a Chillzilla and a 300 micron hop spider/dryhop spider combo... And here i thought she wasnt listening when i "offhandedly" mentioned my need for both... lol
image_605.jpg

mJuNyKc8b3HQ58EgQ4Oi0gw.jpg

New grain mill (some assembly required).
20141225_125006.jpg
Going all grain for my first brewversary.

Santa started me down this path last, and my wife still is not sure if she is happy where this is going.

I got a home brew recipe journal. Might not sound like much, but it is what I wanted.

just joined this forum and Im sure there is lots of reading to do. My brother and I are into craft beers so I decided to get a kit.

For Christmas I went to Chapters and got him a 200 beer recipes book. Little did I know until I opened it that he got me the exact same book! Hahaha

NB 1 Gallon starter kit with Caribou Slobber. I steeped the grains at 150 for half an hour and added rolled oats. Figured I'd start big. Ended up boiling down way below a gallon so I topped off and pitched. Already making foam in the jug after three hours.

Merry Christmas everyone. I got a Barley Crusher, 15' of 1/2" silicone tubing, 2000ml erlenmyer flask, 3 3-pc ball stainless ball valves, 4 female cam locks, 3 male cam locks, and a $30gift card to my LHBS :)

Beer related, I got a $50 gc for northern brewer. This was actually difficult, 1.50 a lb for 2row!?!? If it was my money I couldn't justify anything I ordered! But, have a few things coming :) On the other hand my wife said buy whatever you like. So I have an stc1000 and some other goodies on order also so I can start my fermentation chamber build next week. Looks like a good new year for brewing!

I received a corona mill and a vacuum sealer. So there's nothing to stop me from going bulk with hops and grains this year.

This is what I got for beer. I also got a Galaxy Tab 4 to make brew days easier. Also, Batman footie pajamas... you know, for brew day

Edit: I also got a double edge safety razor with accessories, so now I can participate in those threads on here!

View attachment 1419600152607.jpg

Sweaters and cash.

And a wooden beer carrier with a bottle opener on it... now I can carry a six pack with me wherever I go. Oh and I got a magazine/book type thing with all kinds of extract recipes and brewing tips/tricks etc. I think it was called beginning brewing or something along those lines... cool book.

The one I'm most excited for though is a bar of soap that has a waterproof envelope sealed inside that contains from 1 to 50 dollars in it... you use it until you get to the envelope to see what you got, lol. Think my brother said he was just going to take a hammer to it... I'm going to wait it out.

My wife got something like that from our son & his fiance. A tall candle in a glass. ounce it burns down, there's jewelry left in it.:confused:

As far as my home brewing goes-

BG14 Burner, can finish my brew stand now
Keggle fittings from bargain fittings
A personalized growler
Book Beer , What to Drink Next by Michael Larson
Book Home Brew Beer, it has some simple recipes.
The Beer Book, brewery history, tasting notes etc.
Shirt- Microbrewology, Real Men Brewing Real Beer

The normal watch,cologne, shoes. I have yet to go to my parent's for Christmas so maybe I will drum up some gift cards.

@ psylocide-Yeah, different, but still a bit odd? I do like the tee shirt my wife got me. A black tee with a pic of Bruce Lee flexing from " Enter The Dragon" which says fear is for others. To boldly go where no brewer has gone...before! We are the Home Brewers... You will be assimilated...resistance is futile! :rockin:

My son has become a pallet wood working phenom. I received this today for Christmas.

That is way too cool! Getting something handmade and from the heart....can't be beat! Your son rocks:rockin:

As for me, my loving wife got me a personalized glass and pitcher set.

Among other things, $90 worth of gift certificates to my LHBS. That'll cover at least 3 batches worth of ingredients.

A bunch of cool beers, my favorite being Fremont abominable bourbon, coffee and cinnamon😀 and got my wife a new phone so I can use homebrewtalk again😎

This 16 gallon stainless steel kettle to take the place of my 10 gallon aluminum one. And a Thermo Works Time Stick along with a book titled Brew Ware. Oh and a six pack of homebrewed IPA from a brother in law.

2014-12-28 11.26.11.png

My first 5gal. ball-lock keg and a propane burner. Now more waiting an hour to boil water on my electric stove. Also brewing outside, especially on a 55F December day is great.

Only one thing beer-related, but I'm excited about it!

14l0eus.jpg

I may still only be a few months into this hobby, but I realize I've already been thinking of each batch as an experiment of different combinations/timing of ingredients, and I definitely am happy for all these tips in exploring parameter space!

In addition to the stuff in my previous post, Santa also opened a duty-free imports shop relatively nearby in our Chinese town on Christmas day. The beer section is nothing but Belgians, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now to convince my wife that I need some $18-20 750mL bottles of Gouden Carolus Christmas and Delirium Noel before they're gone...

I dropped a hint that I didn't like using the little caddy I use to carry around all the various plumbing fittings, tools, bottles of whirlifloc, etc, and Santa was listening because a cool toolbox showed up.

Back