What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kept seeing this recipe everywhere. Decided to give it a try. Marry Me Chicken.
My mom used to make cream chicken. it was a whole or couple chickens parted and browned then put in roaster and topped with cream. all the chicken fat and cream for gravy on mashed potatoes, was delicious.

24176E6F-063D-4AD2-BA12-B84F470650C6.jpeg

Dinner for one tonight.

IMG_1104.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg

I had picked up a package of a dozen croissants at Costco, which is far too many for 2 people to eat before they are totally stale, so croissant French toast and a small experimental “bread” pudding, that I made. If the hubby like the bread pudding I have more the make a bigger batch.

Saw a recipe for Greek Cod Al Papillote yesterday. Decided to give it a try with Haddock. Haddock on a bed of tomato & red onion, S&P, and oregano. Topped with sun dried tomato, kalamata olives, capers, and lemon, S&P, and thyme. I didn't mess with wrapping in parchment and opted for a covered casserole dish. I thought it turned out great, my wife wasn't as thrilled with it.

greek haddock.jpg

Hoppy2bMerry, it was my choice and I loved the solitude. My wife was in France taking care of family business, I had to stay in NM for family business, and both of our kids invited me for Christmas but I really just wanted a quiet, peaceful day, and it worked.
I hear you, then I hope your lamb chops were cooked the way you wanted them, and were delicious!

The older I get, the more I love my solitude! KOTC and I moved 7 years ago to a state we had never lived in, knew no one - people were appalled! But we have loved every minute of it.

I say, do what works for YOU. Food included, of course....

@Temptd2 I followed an Instagram post from Mediteranian.diet.plan
I can’t seem to find a recipe exactly like it but this one is close.

https://www.lauramali.com/cod-en-papillote-greek-style/

I basically sliced tomatoes and red onion layered them on the bottom seasoned with s&p and oregano, next was the fish seasoned with s&p and thyme, topped the fish with sun dried tomatoes, black or Kalamata olives, capers and a slice of lemon. Then wrap tight in parchment. Recipe said they cooked in air fryer at 350F for 15 min. I did mine in the oven in a casserole dish and my fish was pretty thick so it was 375F for 30 min. Hope this helps.

Here’s the IG post

Last edited:
In France traditional Easter lunch is celebrated on Monday, but nobody can give me a religious connection, not even my sister in law who is very, very, religious-she visits Lourdes a couple of times per year and the Holy Land every couple of years.
So today I'm grilling lambchops for a few family members, my wife is making either a spinach/broccoli quiche with ham, or her fancy deviled eggs(as always she's changed her mind 4 times since daybreak.

Asparagus seems to be de rigueur for most Easter menus! We had it too, air-fried with a balsamic/EVOO vinaigrette, flanked by rack of lamb cut into chops and we split a sweet potato with plenty of butter between the two of us. And a lovely glass of Hans Fahden Cabernet.

As usua I didn't remember a picture!

Asparagus season is starting over here but you won't find green asparagus anywhere. They grow it under mounds of sand so it stays white. And it is generally much thicker here, bigger than your thumb is the popular size.

Last weekend I grilled chicken thighs marinated in a lemongrass mixture and served it over vermicelli noodles, bún style. It’s a lot of work but it was delicious. I’ve been on a Vietnamese food kick lately. For some reason my kids have always liked pho, so we often eat at Vietnamese restaurants. Which is fine by me.
IMG_2293.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
IMG_2296.jpeg

Last weekend I grilled chicken thighs marinated in a lemongrass mixture and served it over vermicelli noodles, bún style. It’s a lot of work but it was delicious. I’ve been on a Vietnamese food kick lately. For some reason my kids have always liked pho, so we often eat at Vietnamese restaurants. Which is fine by me.
View attachment 845843View attachment 845844View attachment 845845
I bought and vacuum sealed a bunch of thighs yesterday-I foresee grilled thighs in the very near future. Yours look delicious, I can almost smell them.

Not my picture, because I never remember to take one, but looked pretty much like this except I used Red Argentinian shrimp so no tails. Cast iron shrimp scampi with Banza chickpea cavatappi pasta. It was good but I needed to cook the sauce down further - it didn't want to stick to the pasta as much as I would have liked!

shrimp cavatappi.jpg

Well I forgot to take a pic of my leftover short rib! DOH! Never fails!

Last night I tried a recipe for Bang Bang Chicken. It turned out good but was too spicy for my wife. I cut back the mayo in the sauce. I am guessing if I would have put the correct amount in it would have been milder. I also ommited the cayenne from the rub(so my son could tolerate the pieces I didn't put the Bang Bang Sauce on. Anyway I am looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.:thumbsup:
bang bang chicken.jpg

Last edited:
Back