What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some wings today.

Prepped, tossed in a heavy load of Penzey's BBQ 3000 rub, and contemplating life while the oven preheats (they sat in the fridge, and not on the countertop, while the oven heated up):
4pRQQ6h.jpg

Loaded onto a stainless cooling rack set in a rimmed baking sheet, and ready for an hour-long nap in the oven:
uPMlxNe.jpg

Sauced, plated, and ready for devouring:
sHPA6PZ.jpg

They ate good. Only ate half (trying to watch my calories a bit); the other half will meet its end as tomorrow's lunch.

Skirt steak and roasted onions. Mmm. Get about as much respect as Rodney Dangerfield, but have way more taste! [emoji16]

Gong hei fat choy!

Zhēn zhū wán zi (pearl meatballs with sticky rice), chun pi niu (tangerine beef), and spicy Brussels sprouts.

Same to ya! :)

I made keto-friendly kung pao chicken with cashews last night. It was decent, but needed more flavor in the sauce. I'll punch it up a bit next time.

One minor suggestion, next time you buy fish sauce, look for RedBoat instead of 3crabs. If it's not available, look for one that has the fewest ingredients. Ideally anchovies and salt.

*Opinion: this minor change makes a noteworthy improvement in flavor.

Absolutely. For meals use Redboat save the 3crabs for kimchi or ditch it all together. MegaChef is ok too for the money. Its Thai fish sauce. There is another from Vietnam called "something" 60n, Its good but its not better than regular Redboat 40n.

MegaChef is my backup, but the taste is not as clean as RedBoat.

The 3 crab is ok but I won't buy unless it is the only available option.

One minor suggestion, next time you buy fish sauce, look for RedBoat instead of 3crabs. If it's not available, look for one that has the fewest ingredients. Ideally anchovies and salt.

*Opinion: this minor change makes a noteworthy improvement in flavor.

Will do, thanks. Couldn't find the usual fish sauce that I normally pick up so I thought I would try the 3crabs.

YUM that looks really good and relatively easy to keto-fy! Thanks for the recipe!

Yesterday was the first time I made the recipe, and it was awesome. Next batch I will leave the cabbage out and add it to the serving bowl, and maybe heat alittle in the microwave. That way leftovers doesn't have any wilted cabbage. We also air fried some wonton wrappers to put into the soup.

Made Crusty Italian Sandwich Rolls last night to go with an Italian Beef Sandwich recipe. New to baking bread but they were great.
Italian Bread 1-26-2020.jpg
Italian Bread crumb 1-26-2020.jpg
Chocolate Chip Cookies 1-26-2020.jpg
Italian Beef Sandwich 1-26-2020.jpg
Did chocolate chip cookies in the middle of it all. The Sandwiches were phenomenal, and a lot of that was because of the dipping jus reduced. Beef done in the Instant Pot, btw.

Back