What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spicy Brussels sprouts and Mongolian chicken.

20191216_000344.jpg

20191216_000358.jpg

Not going to eat this tonight now, but will have it some time this week. Wild mushroom lasagne. Very simple, just fry off some onion, garlic, loads of mushrooms with some dried ones and its liquor, wine, season, hoy in a load of bechamel and make it up with some parmesan chucked in on each layer. Added some cheddar on top too

IMG-20191217-142307896-01.jpg

IMG-20191217-142855147-01.jpg

IMG-20191217-144137420-01.jpg

Anyone have or use the new june oven. Smart oven with camera where you put food in and hit presets and it cooks for you. I think I want one.
Screenshot_20191218-010318_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Yes, a ways back when I first got my pans I made a bunch of jelly rolls. I couldnt live with having a jelly roll pan and not having made a jelly roll in it. Anyways jelly roll recipe and you choose filling. They are easy to make and soo good. I lost my recipes so I hope it is on here, but if not you will find one.
Anyone have a recipe for a swiss roll?

Yes, a ways back when I first got my pans I made a bunch of jelly rolls. I couldnt live with having a jelly roll pan and not having made a jelly roll in it. Anyways jelly roll recipe and you choose filling. They are easy to make and soo good. I lost my recipes so I hope it is on here, but if not you will find one.

I'm hoping to get away with a short walled regular old cookie sheet...we'll see. After watching a billion baking comp shows I never realized until yesterday when googling that there is a "jelly roll" pan.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get away with a short walled regular old cookie sheet...we'll see. After watching a billion baking comp shows I never realized until yesterday when googling that there is a "jelly roll" pan.
Haha, now I am googling. I could swear that I saw half sheets called jelly rolls in a pro kitchen, but nevertheless yeah jelly rolls are smaller then half sheets apparently. I use a half sheet because thats what I have. Parchment on a flat sheet would work great if you twist up the sides tightly (sry couldnt resist) and idk staple them. Or if your sheet is rimmed well there you go. I like jelly rolls because whatever on hand works, jam, frosting, whip cream, etc...hope to see one, and I am inspired to make one myself. Here are some pics I found back on this thread. Damn, wish I could remember how to make them.

Btw did you all see that june oven, I am getting one for sure I love the idea of it. Cameras, auto settings, i love it.
Screenshot_20191219-220407.jpeg
Screenshot_20191219-220335.jpeg

Nice roll! I've always wanted to try making a Buche Noel. I'm a big fan of America's Test Kitchen and they do one. I think once you get into the zen like state of a roll you're there. Allow the imperfections to be a part of the uniqueness and it all comes together......and then everybody mashes it up and destroys it on the first slice [emoji3] They also have some tips on rolling. I forget what the big secret is but I think it's in that episode

They also have some tips on rolling. I forget what the big secret is but I think it's in that episode

Roll shortly after they come out of the oven, stick in the fridge to cool. That's pretty much it. I left mine out for three minutes and then placed it upside down on a powder sugared slice of wax paper (then rolled it).

Last edited:
Awesome! That show is my wife's latest craze. Now I have something besides beer to blame for my weight! [emoji1]
After watching six and some odd seasons of the Great British Baking Show, I finally put my big boy panties on and made something. Oh, and it's amazing!!

A ginger and molasses roll with a cinnamon and whiskey cream. Here's me tooting my own horn *toot* *toot*

View attachment 658012

@applescrap

Latest posts

Back