What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilled pork tenderloin, twice baked potato, and broccoli steamed in a foil pouch with butter and soy.

I grilled the tenderloin with a "7-6-5" method that worked well. High heat, fat side down for 7 minutes, flip and cook for 6 minutes, then kill the heat and let cook for 5 more minutes.

20161018_202549.jpg

Is it my imagination, or have you been offline for a while? Nice to see you are still here (even if you have been here the whole time!). I've been wrapped up with family issues so have been in and out lately.

Yeah...got too much beer in bottles and haven't been happy with results lately...and life gets in the way creative cooking and writing. But I'm still around!

I pulled out the trusty Oster Smoker Roaster Oven today, loaded it up with applewood smoking chips and two whole pork picnics, and let 'er rip for 6 hours. It came out really nice and pulled easily, the bones were sticking out dry so I knew it was good and done! Also had a digital thermometer in it set to 185*. Easy.

After I pulled it all, had a HUGE bowlful, and decided to make pulled pork tacos with corn tortillas, diced red onion, shredded extra-sharp Tillamook, and salsa. Very yummy. No pictures. Sorry!

My girlfriend has been a vegetarian since middle school. She is going on vaca with her family next month (I have to work)... but that means ribs, steak and lobster every day for a week and I can't wait.

Sounds really good. That Oster oven is cool. Wow, how does it work?

It's great! It has two cups which hold the wood chips. You fill 'em up, put your stuff on a rack in the inner roaster oven, set it for what temp you want, and plug it in and go!

We've done the picnics several times now, as well as ribs, pork chops, whole pork loins, brisket, whole turkey breast, pastrami...whatever we could do in the big wood-fired Brinkman, we can do in this, just less of it at a time. WELL worth the price, IMHO - $60 on Amazon with free Prime shipping!

Grilled pork tenderloin, twice baked potato, and broccoli steamed in a foil pouch with butter and soy.

I grilled the tenderloin with a "7-6-5" method that worked well. High heat, fat side down for 7 minutes, flip and cook for 6 minutes, then kill the heat and let cook for 5 more minutes.

That's funny, we just did a pan roasted pork tenderloin - 5 minutes and flip, 5 minutes and put it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. I roasted an apple alongside it.

It was marinated in cider, Dijon, and bourbon for a couple of hours.

Sweet potatoes from the garden (brag).

We eat tenderloin almost once a week. It's the right size for 2 of us, relatively cheap, and relatively healthy.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1476965323.915960.jpg

Had to make some potato salad to take up north visiting friends this weekend.

Also made 3 Apple Crisps from apples we picked this past weekend. Was going to get a picture, but the one I took to work disappeared pretty quick.

Last night, chicken-fried chicken cutlets and mashed cauliflower with low carb gravy.

Tonight, ovenbraised boneless beef short ribs with onions, mushrooms, and a homebrewed Porter - will serve with the rest of the mashed cauli - maybe I'll remember a picture, maybe not! :)

No cooking. Still working on the ovenbraised Porter short ribs. They are smack-a-lip gooood eatin'. Got enough for ONE more dinner.

I made pasta last night to eat with them as we cleaned up the cauliflower mash already. Had enough leftovers of both tonight to just "heat 'n eat" - works for me!

Back