What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ojingeo-bokkeum, incredibly spicy but equally delicious,

IMG_0226.jpg

Looking at all of these great pics is making me hungry. :D

Have to decide what to cook today. Rain in forcast so grilling may be out. If not something on the grill sounds good.

We did leftover chicken yesterday, but I did make little upside down peach cakes for desert last night with the awesome peaches available from a farm near here. Very ripe peaches and clingstone give the time of year so hard to cut up and a little runny but delicious!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464699078.610174.jpg

Just reminded me that I forgot to do the grilled. stuffed peaches again with fontina melted on top. would've been nice with my memphis style dry-rubbed country ribs & sweet Italian sausage in the pit yesterday. Had rice pilaf & roasted corn on the cob to go with.

You flung another craving on me. I see shortcakes in my future! They look fantastic! :mug:

Thanks Travis, nothing heralds in the summer like a good made at home strawberry short cake here in the Northeast. What if I told you there was a little leftover dough that I mixed in some currants and had a scone for breakfast too? :ban:

image.jpg

Thanks Travis, nothing heralds in the summer like a good made at home strawberry short cake here in the Northeast. What if I told you there was a little leftover dough that I mixed in some currants and had a scone for breakfast too? :ban:

I'm a scone fanatic too! I wish I could get black currants here easily. Fell in love with them in England where they (or their flavor) shows up in just about everything. And they make fantastic scones as well! Probably going to have to get some online.

Cook this daily as my low carb/ high protein lunch/ dinner but:

Another low carber! :ban: That looks awesome.

My sort-of lower carb dinner tonight was an In 'n Out burger, animal style (fried in mustard, grilled onions) protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun) which was GREAT, but added a homebrewed beer and a small handful of chili cheese Fritos to it. Hey, I sat with my stepMom, who has dementia, for four hours today while my Dad had a dental appointment and took care of some other business - trust me when I say, I was ready for somebody else to do the cooking and low carb will commence anew tomorrow! :D

My sort-of lower carb dinner tonight was an In 'n Out burger, animal style (fried in mustard, grilled onions) protein style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun) which was GREAT, but added a homebrewed beer and a small handful of chili cheese Fritos to it. Hey, I sat with my stepMom, who has dementia, for four hours today while my Dad had a dental appointment and took care of some other business - trust me when I say, I was ready for somebody else to do the cooking and low carb will commence anew tomorrow! :D

I feel your pain. Much the same situation with my folks. But In 'n Out! Lol.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about the day though. Never had In 'n Out but it's on the list next time I am out west.

The burrito wraps I use are solid, with only 6 net carbs.

Fired up the smoker today with over 20lbs of dead animal.

Chicken with Measles (actually bbq sauce dripped from ribs)
View attachment 356783

Ribs
View attachment 356784

View attachment 356785

And the reason for cooking 20lbs of dead animal for two... leftovers!
View attachment 356786

Awesome, i love bulk cooking.Did you use some sort of seal a meal type machine? The reason I am asking is the last time I did that with juicing looking meat like that, I felt like it sucked the juice out of the meat! I don't think I see that in your packs how did you do that? Thanks

Awesome, i love bulk cooking.Did you use some sort of seal a meal type machine? The reason I am asking is the last time I did that with juicing looking meat like that, I felt like it sucked the juice out of the meat! I don't think I see that in your packs how did you do that? Thanks

Not schematix but what we found works really well - freeze the meat first on a cookie sheet - once frozen, THEN vacuum-seal it. The juices stay in the meat that way! We do that with both raw and cooked meats. Works awesome!

Latest posts

Back