What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delicious scallops. I'd like to be - under the sea - in an octopus's garden in the shade. She'd be raising scallops. I'd be moving in. Mmmm.

_mg_7992-62291.jpg

Jarred up some kraut today. Then grilled some brats and made bacon & sausage wrapped jalapenos stuffed with asadero cheese.

Umm....
I Think I just wet myself with excitement. Off to find bacon and jalapenos.

Not to rub it in (too much) but I am lucky to be down the street from here. https://www.germangourmet.com. When I first saw the place I wondered how it was open so long, but my god! So much delicious sausage and other deli meats. Not to mention everything else. I think I will need to buy a bunch of sausages to grill up this weekend.

It had been to long since I have been to the German gourmet. Used to go occasionally when they were in Falls Church, but misplaced then when they moved. Hmmm... Sense a weekend plan starting to form.

that looks really good .
My question is .. what the heck is a panini and a gouda ?

Gouda is a Cheezy and Panini's are nothing but Goodness, therefore it must be CheezyGoodness's kid or new trolling screen name?

It had been to long since I have been to the German gourmet. Used to go occasionally when they were in Falls Church, but misplaced then when they moved. Hmmm... Sense a weekend plan starting to form.

Doo Eeet! on Columbia Pike near where it crosses King Street (Rt 7), right near the Pollo Campanero (Pollos Hermanos). Only problem is they close so darn early at 7 pm.

Not to rub it in (too much) but I am lucky to be down the street from here. https://www.germangourmet.com. When I first saw the place I wondered how it was open so long, but my god! So much delicious sausage and other deli meats. Not to mention everything else. I think I will need to buy a bunch of sausages to grill up this weekend.

You east coast guys get all the good imports! :D
Seriously tho, I'm going to have to explore that site & maybe place an order, doesn't look like they offer beer online tho & that's a cryin' shame; I saw Tucher in the pics of their shop & it's been a looooooong time since I had one of those!
Thanks for posting the link!
Regards, GF. :mug:

You east coast guys get all the good imports! :D
Seriously tho, I'm going to have to explore that site & maybe place an order, doesn't look like they offer beer online tho & that's a cryin' shame; I saw Tucher in the pics of their shop & it's been a looooooong time since I had one of those!
Thanks for posting the link!
Regards, GF. :mug:

We got a really good Italian Store as well. but you all do have some great brewerys and beers available that we cant get here yet. Maybe that makes us even.

Going to have to pick up a bottle or 3, and could prolly send you some if you wanted.

Grape leaves and baklava. And today im going to make manderine chicken and noodles and green tea cake

Alaskan Shrimp we did as Coconut Shrimp in coconut oil
Lightly smoked Alaska Razor Clams
Baby Lima Beans in Bacon Grease and Bacon pieces.
Store bought Sourdough, haven't got around to baking our own bread yet.
I drank Hennepin Farmhouse Saison by Ommegang and my Wife drank Bear Creek Winery Pomegranate Wine.

Sorry, I don't take pictures. My wife has a camera and an iPod that takes good pictures but I never get her to take any of what we are eating. What few pictures on any thread I have posted were taken by her or us together on road trips.

Alaskan Shrimp we did as Coconut Shrimp in coconut oil
Lightly smoked Alaska Razor Clams
Baby Lima Beans in Bacon Grease and Bacon pieces.
Store bought Sourdough, haven't got around to baking our own bread yet.
I drank Hennepin Farmhouse Saison by Ommegang and my Wife drank Bear Creek Winery Pomegranate Wine.

Sorry, I don't take pictures. My wife has a camera and an iPod that takes good pictures but I never get her to take any of what we are eating. What few pictures on any thread I have posted were taken by her or us together on road trips.

Sounds like a meal I would love.

Pictures are a hassle, but when I don't take them I am pissed at myself later. This started with our kids, where we would neglect the camera and lose the memories. I know better now, even though I look like a fool taking pictures of my food.

Besides, this thread is so much better with pics!

Tonight I grilled up 3 Ribeyes. I know its not the weekend, but the compliments I got were so amazing I really wish I had taken pictures. Medium rare and delicious, likened to that at the really expensive restaurants and I got em for under $8/lb

Sounds like a meal I would love.

Pictures are a hassle, but when I don't take them I am pissed at myself later. This started with our kids, where we would neglect the camera and lose the memories. I know better now, even though I look like a fool taking pictures of my food.

Besides, this thread is so much better with pics!

It's all seafood our friends (shrimp) and us (clams) harvested last summer. I told my Wife that it would be better to take pictures before we eat everything so I can put them on the thread and we are going to try to do better. Because I have to agree, descriptions are nice and can generate a little salivating but photos really get the tummy to rumbling!

Doo Eeet! on Columbia Pike near where it crosses King Street (Rt 7), right near the Pollo Campanero (Pollos Hermanos). Only problem is they close so darn early at 7 pm.

I think it will happen soon.

Actually last night. Grilled out a chicken breast, first time I didn't grill it until it was chicken leather, and a couple chicken jalapeño sausages (damn good) and pan sautéed brussels sprouts.

View attachment 182062

We roast cauliflowerin the oven. Verrrry yummy.

Actually last night. Grilled out a chicken breast, first time I didn't grill it until it was chicken leather, and a couple chicken jalapeño sausages (damn good) and pan sautéed brussels sprouts.

View attachment 182062

Ever try brining your chicken? Works wonders on breast , not too shabby on pork chops either.
Brussels sprouts rock, cut them in half a little oil, cut half down till they brown, onion, a little this a little that:rockin:

Ever try brining your chicken? Works wonders on breast , not too shabby on pork chops either.
Brussels sprouts rock, cut them in half a little oil, cut half down till they brown, onion, a little this a little that:rockin:

I've been brining chicken breasts since noon. They're going onto the grill in a few. Brining makes them super juicy, harder to dry out over the coals.

Just threw a chicken pot pie together with some leftovers, sprinkled some cheddar and jack over the top crust. Can't wait until it's done cooking... it smells amazing.

Grilled some chicken tonight, then used the hot coals to roast a pound of Ethopia Kaffa, which probably means Ethopian Coffee. Will grind in a few days and then we'll know if I'm drinking coffee or dung beetle projects or dead people.

_mg_8027-62324.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZVJ0EXMZSQ

_mg_8039-62325.jpg

So did you buy in to the wirly pop, green coffee or ove-glove that you keep putting this idea in my head?

Grilled some chicken tonight, then used the hot coals to roast a pound of Ethopia Kaffa, which probably means Ethopian Coffee. Will grind in a few days and then we'll know if I'm drinking coffee or dung beetle projects or dead people.[/img]

MMMM roasted dead people.

Tonight I did a pan seared venison steak with a brandy, whole grain mustard, tarragon sauce with homemade oven fries.
For the wife, roasted cauliflower and tofu.

Dan6310

You sir, we should hang out... I assume bow season was good to you.

Grilled some chicken tonight, then used the hot coals to roast a pound of Ethopia Kaffa, which probably means Ethopian Coffee. Will grind in a few days and then we'll know if I'm drinking coffee or dung beetle projects or dead people.

_mg_8027-62324.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZVJ0EXMZSQ

_mg_8039-62325.jpg

and you sir, we also need to hang out... where are you getting green coffee?

Why are other people doing cool stuff that I'm not doing!?!?

All my posts on this thread seem to start with "Cold weather be damned, I fired up the Weber kettle grill tonight ..."

So, cold weather be damned, I fired up the Weber kettle grill last night and grilled some pork tenderloin medallions with a little garlic, rosemary, and Kosher salt and pepper. Alongside that, I grilled some peppers and onions and served the whole thing with a little quinoa.

Thought about firing up the grill when we went shopping last night, but then remembered the tank is empty and the grill is buried in several feet of snow and F it I didn't feel like digging it out in 0 degree weather.

So I picked up stuff to make shepherd's pie instead.

Since you are in the area - there is a local option as well - CCM Coffee in Tampa.

Their roasted/ground coffees are latin style but their green beans are more varied

Nice - I bookmarked that. It's right on my trip to the LHBS! I might check them out for green beans. There is a local roaster in St. Pete (http://www.kahwacoffee.com/), but I don't see any option to buy green beans from them. Their roasted beans (try the Sirocco) are spectacular.

Thought about firing up the grill when we went shopping last night, but then remembered the tank is empty and the grill is buried in several feet of snow and F it I didn't feel like digging it out in 0 degree weather.

So I picked up stuff to make shepherd's pie instead.

You got a recipe for that pie? Perfect cold weather eats right there. :mug:

Back