What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two very shiny new kegs from Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Cheers to @steelers77 whoever packed these knew what they were doing. Not a single scratch or dent on them. I would never have known about FBS if it were not for that megacluster of a thread about the NB/MW buyout.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

View attachment 374078

Dem's purdy! :mug:

Not today, more like a week ago, but I got these beauties from @cegan09 in exchange for some special yeast and a few homebrews

I finally got to taste some of these NE IPAs I've been trying to make myself, starting before I knew this type of beer existed

View attachment 1477289607857.jpg

A full 40 sacks of malt, mostly Maris Otter, a good bit of Munich, and the rest a variety of Crisp crystal and roasted malts. And it's not even my birthday.

Of course pennance is hauling it all upstairs.

I love my job.

A few packs of wyeast Hella Bock.

Going to try and bank some of it, and I'm planning on using it to make a christmas present for my bro-in-law, and a doppelbock.

New impeller (815) for my Match 809. Really scrapin' the bottom of the barrel for upgrades these days.

A 3rd place ribbon from Motown Mash! Kinda looks like it should be for a prize winning hen at the county fair, but I'm not complaining!
And some cool swag from their sponsors.

bring forth the ipa!

20161102_194235_resized_zpsoe259rkq.jpg

pound each of mosaic, summit, crystal, centennial and simcoe

Had two homebrews in a row turn out pretty astringent. Got a Milwaukee 102 coming in tomorrow to start monitoring of PH.

6 pounds of milled munich malt, a dozen beglain cork-finish bottles, fermcap, an alcohol lamp, calcium chloride, and epsom salt. I think I'm going to try and tinker with my water. I usually dilute my filtered tap with some bottled water and use gypsum to make it a little acidic.

I think I can get a water report for the area, but I am completely new to messing with specific minerals and trying to hit a certain pH. If anyone has a very approachable beginners guide to messing with water, I'd like to see it. It has been a few years since I took Chemistry (for non-PreProfessionals) in college.

First order from morebeer now that NB has been designated my backup online brew supplier.

That's always such an exciting delivery! If you are like me, you will be pouring beer from it in 24 hours.

Did you not stain or seal your collar? Each coat takes 2-3 days to dry, I spent 10 days just in that part, not to mention gathering parts, assembling the collar, letting the glue set, building air recirculation, etc. All said and done mine took almost 3 weeks and that was me rushing it!

Did you not stain or seal your collar? Each coat takes 2-3 days to dry, I spent 10 days just in that part, not to mention gathering parts, assembling the collar, letting the glue set, building air recirculation, etc. All said and done mine took almost 3 weeks and that was me rushing it!

Dude no. 2x4s and a couple hours. See it back there... Works like a champ. Yeastieboy don't stain.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478403090.318626.jpg

Back