What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/the-brewmaster-bucket

Went ahead and just bought it directly from their website(well my mom did at least). I wish I could brew with it, but the rubber orings would probably melt :( . One the other hand it's my first stainless fermenter and I'm totally filling it with a 1.100 Scottish wee heavy, I need to properly christen it with a monster beer.

(I'm not a SS Tech representative but once I opened this it's worth every damn penny)

LMAO.. you mean its worth every one of moms pennies!!

It was an early Chritmas for me the other day. Got a bunch of new thermometers from Thermoworks, 4 way co2 distribution block, wort aeration kit, carboy heat wrap and a new firefighting hood. Probably some other stuff but I can't remember.

It was an early Chritmas for me the other day. Got a bunch of new thermometers from Thermoworks, 4 way co2 distribution block, wort aeration kit, carboy heat wrap and a new firefighting hood. Probably some other stuff but I can't remember.

Congratulations on all the cool stuff. You don't have to buy your own turn out gear do you? Hopefully that's for work and not brewing. :)

Ok, I have a several extract batches under my belt now. I'm looking to get deeper in. I really enjoy the process of brewing and am considering upgrading my equipment. Trying to decide between starting to keg my beer or switch to all-grain brewing. Which would you do first?

Ok, I have a several extract batches under my belt now. I'm looking to get deeper in. I really enjoy the process of brewing and am considering upgrading my equipment. Trying to decide between starting to keg my beer or switch to all-grain brewing. Which would you do first?

I would post it in the general beer discussion forum for a start :)

Both. It goes hand in hand. If I had to pick one, keg. You can pick up some OT at work to upgrade the other equipment with all the free time you'll have not washing bottles. :)

I love your brewery name and logo brother! Very clever. You don't see too many firefighters on here.

Both. Starting with what you have, you really only need a bag to start out. Biab is super easy and all you need a strong piece of rope and something to hang it from.

Congratulations on all the cool stuff. You don't have to buy your own turn out gear do you? Hopefully that's for work and not brewing. :)

Thank God we don't have to buy our own gear unless it's more than the standard stuff but the hood we are given doesn't go down very far and it always got a little hotter than it should and sometimes dangerous if it ended up crawling up.

I love your brewery name and logo brother! Very clever. You don't see too many firefighters on here.

Thanks, been on a volunteer department for 10 years, have a degree in criminal justice and am a 911 dispatcher, all I can say is besides the EMS field emergency services is in my blood!

Thank God we don't have to buy our own gear unless it's more than the standard stuff but the hood we are given doesn't go down very far and it always got a little hotter than it should and sometimes dangerous if it ended up crawling up.

Thanks, been on a volunteer department for 10 years, have a degree in criminal justice and am a 911 dispatcher, all I can say is besides the EMS field emergency services is in my blood!

I was riding the box for five years, volunteered the last two years, and just finished rookie school in July for a career department. Now full time paid and lovin it! The fire service and EMS is without a doubt in my blood. Best job in the world! I would die a happy man if I could get a part time job at a brewery. Lol.

All glass has the ability to break. I've been using my glass bmbs for a year now with no problems. Yes the glass is thin. Yes it has defects in it. But I don't throw them around or drop them when they are full or empty. You can all say what you want about glass and how dangerous it is. I'm going to keep using mine till they are all gone.

Oh I agree on the glass, also have a glass carboy thought I'd try the plastic on this one

Bought some plumbing parts from Lowes for my soon to be built Keg/Carboy/kegerator/etc washer since shipping was free and I really did not want to spend the time locating all the parts (im lazy, what can I say). Got the third and hopefully last part of it today. The first package was a bubble pack containing 2 Tees. The second was a 9 inch cube box containing one small brass adapter. The third box actually made sense and was packed tightly with the rest. No padding required. The second package seemed almost as ridiculous as a CVS receipt for a 20 oz soda. If you are not familiar with the ridiculousness of CVS receipts, look it up.

Bought some plumbing parts from Lowes for my soon to be built Keg/Carboy/kegerator/etc washer since shipping was free and I really did not want to spend the time locating all the parts (im lazy, what can I say). Got the third and hopefully last part of it today. The first package was a bubble pack containing 2 Tees. The second was a 9 inch cube box containing one small brass adapter. The third box actually made sense and was packed tightly with the rest. No padding required. The second package seemed almost as ridiculous as a CVS receipt for a 20 oz soda. If you are not familiar with the ridiculousness of CVS receipts, look it up.

Usually amazon is pretty good about their packaging but Ive definitely received some packages where I looked and said... That "insert item here" needed that much bubble wrap and that big of a box? For instance grain steeping bags coming with 2-3 of those giant pillow looking air bubbles. Really? bubble packing for cloth? :drunk:

Usually amazon is pretty good about their packaging but Ive definitely received some packages where I looked and said... That "insert item here" needed that much bubble wrap and that big of a box? For instance grain steeping bags coming with 2-3 of those giant pillow looking air bubbles. Really? bubble packing for cloth? :drunk:

I ordered a 3m length of 15mm pipe for my manifold from a plumbing supplier. It came in a 3m 4"x4" box! The fittings came in a separate box.....

I once got wiper blades from Amazon in a box you could fit a child in. A week later I ordered a set for the other vehicle figuring they would be in an appropriately sized box. They came in the exact same size box.

6 brett strains, some German Vienna malt, and some Victoria secret stocking stuffers...no photos of that though, I'm selfish like that.

Back