What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New book

spb-blad-cov-2_2sm_fc.jpg

I wish someone would tell the ***** that delivers my mail that. I'm lucky if I get anything on Saturdays let alone Sundays. I don't use smart post because no matter what I get through the mail, if it's in a box I have to go pick it up because she's too lazy to even try to deliver it.

Actually, I don't think, or didn't think, you have a choice in it. I thought it was up to the shipper what they wanted to use. Meaning, the shipper is going to use the cheapest method possible.

Not to topic change, but do you live on a rural route? If you even know.

Rural is an understatement. And if I don't have shipping choices then they don't make a sell.

Rural is an understatement. And if I don't have shipping choices then they don't make a sell.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just didn't know you really had a choice. I was told once by an UPS carrier, and an UPS supervisor, that UPS has a data base, for lack of a better term, that they put addresses into that they don't deliver too. Like if your driveway is too narrow for the truck to get down, or they can't maneuver their trucks around because of a lack of space, or addresses that are way off the beaten path. Anything for those addresses goes to the USPS to deliver. I would assume Fedex has the something similar.

If you live more than a half mile from your mail box, or if the USPS carrier doesn't know where you live, or getting too your house is unsafe, they are supposed to leave a notice on the package. I don't know your exact circumstances but, it's possible that the weekend carrier either doesn't know where your house is, or you are more than a half mile from your box. I know you said the regular carrier delivers the packages but, the regular carrier may actually know where your house is.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just didn't know you really had a choice. I was told once by an UPS carrier, and an UPS supervisor, that UPS has a data base, for lack of a better term, that they put addresses into that they don't deliver too. Like if your driveway is too narrow for the truck to get down, or they can't maneuver their trucks around because of a lack of space, or addresses that are way off the beaten path. Anything for those addresses goes to the USPS to deliver. I would assume Fedex has the something similar.

If you live more than a half mile from your mail box, or if the USPS carrier doesn't know where you live, or getting too your house is unsafe, they are supposed to leave a notice on the package. I don't know your exact circumstances but, it's possible that the weekend carrier either doesn't know where your house is, or you are more than a half mile from your box. I know you said the regular carrier delivers the packages but, the regular carrier may actually know where your house is.

The whole town only has 2 postal employees

1 lb Experimental Pinefruit, 1 lb Amarillo, 1 lb Azacca, and 1 lb El Dorado.

I just brewed a low gravity lager with all azacca, primary just finished and I really like how it tastes. It's light and fruity and a little delicate, but I only went 4oz in a 10g batch. Definitely going to try an IPA with them.

Got my new propane burner! Yee! Good thing I have the long weekend to drink and play with power tools to build my new brew stand

I just brewed a low gravity lager with all azacca, primary just finished and I really like how it tastes. It's light and fruity and a little delicate, but I only went 4oz in a 10g batch. Definitely going to try an IPA with them.

Awesome. I stocked up for the year on hops and got a bunch of newer and experimental hops. I'll probably make an Azacca Pale to get to know the hop and then move to an IPA.

Just got an order from Morebeer! Ordered several 1# packages of Cara malts and specialty malts as well as several varieties of hops... Let's get brewing!

Actually I spent a good 60-90 minutes last night researching brews that would fit my current ingredient stock. I tweaked the recipe for Chain Mail pale ale and think I've got a good recipe for Sunday's brew day.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417098293.855267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I recieved the twist-lock plugs for my e-biab, the order of fittin's for the e-biab kettle, and two cheap quick acting (claims instant?? havent tested yet) thermometers.

Labels for wedding beer from grog tag. Going to have a porter, an IPA, and a farmhouse ale in bottles and a helles on tap.

I am not sure what came for me yesterday. Mail man knocked I looked out the upstairs window and mentioned it looked like he left a package. GF ran downstairs, grabbed it and had it hidden even before I was halfway down the stairs.

Package for me?:p

I've tried 1", 2" & 4" nipples for my cooler bulkhead but all too short or too long. A 3" nipple now on the way.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've tried 1", 2" & 4" nipples for my cooler bulkhead but all too short or too long. A 3" nipple now on the way.

Sounds like you need a tape measure for Christmas. :) With all the trade sizes and crap, I know it's hard to find any real dimensions on anything.

1 lb Nelson Sauvin, 1 lb Galaxy, 1 lb Simcoe, 1 lb Citra, and some oxygen absorbers (came over the holiday weekend, but got home today).

Sounds like you need a tape measure for Christmas. :) With all the trade sizes and crap, I know it's hard to find any real dimensions on anything.

I did sort of measure :D , but approximating how far into the tap it goes and how much thread the other bits take up was tough!

I did sort of measure :D , but approximating how far into the tap it goes and how much thread the other bits take up was tough!

I like your screen name. That's my 8 week old son's name. Minus the 57 of course. :)

I like your screen name. That's my 8 week old son's name. Minus the 57 of course. :)

Strong name choice! 57 comes from a very old email address. I only know a few other Rowan's, mostly chicks :drunk:

Strong name choice! 57 comes from a very old email address. I only know a few other Rowan's, mostly chicks :drunk:

Never heard it as a girl's name. Back on topic, I got the second kindle fire HD 7 for the kids birthdays. Smokin deal from staples. $94 shipped vs the $109 sale price on Amazon. Usually $139.

Got some grains I ordered. Also got a 32oz bottle of IO star. First time ordering it, so Im not sure if this is normal (maybe someone who has ordered it before can shed some light on this) but it had leaked some iodine out into the bag it was in. Not tons, but there was definitely enough to coat the insides of the bag. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Im basically wondering if one of the lids leaked a bit (and does normally) or if I should be looking for a crack. Not a huge deal, I just dont want to call the online company (who I wont name for now :D) and give them a what-for if this leakage is normal.

I was surprised when my new 2TB external hard drive came in this afternoon. Now if my 16GB flash drive would come in tomorrow, I could set about fixing this thing right!...The hard drive was 60% off @ newegg for 88 bucks. Not bad for one that runs off USB 2 & 3...

Latest posts

Back