What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like the shipper didn't put your full address on there. I work everyday and pretty much do 90% of my shopping online either through amazon or eBay or every now and then from another online shop or two. I have something coming at least 3 days out of each week. I'm never home and I live down an old dirt road that doesn't even exist on the map at the local planning board. At least half or more of those shipments come ups the rest usually usps. UPS never misses a beat. Unless they have a brand new driver, then they deliver it to my neighbors house (because you can't tell my house is there). My last 2 fedex packages were finally delivered by a guy wearing a fedex hat driving some old beat up panel van. They weren't even delivered on a fedex truck.

Weird. I have no issues with UPS or FedEx. Its the USPS who screws me. They have lost almost half of the packages that they were suppopsed to deliver. Makes me wonder how much other mail is being lost.

Weird. I have no issues with UPS or FedEx. Its the USPS who screws me. They have lost almost half of the packages that they were suppopsed to deliver. Makes me wonder how much other mail is being lost.

Yeah USPS is the worst for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Don't get me started on usps. The point to point is fine. But our lazy ass mail lady won't get out the car. Sits 100 yards up the way where we can't even see her and honks the horn for 3 seconds and drives off. Or if it's raining just leaves a note in the box saying no one was home go get it at the PO. I actually had to call and complain once that I hadn't gotten even a piece of junk mail for 10 days. Miraculously around 7 o'clock that night i go to leave and notice so much mail sticking out of my box she had to put rubber band around my mailbox to fit it all in there. Personally I wish ups would take over the postal service. I've had my problems with all 3 but at least ups will use the same driver if they can to deliver all your packages.

My faucet, gas lines, beer lines and regulator!:ban:

Still have a blender instead of my kegs. FedEx "forgot" to put my kegs on the truck today. :mad:

image.jpg

Didn't arrive in the mail, but did have a rather unexpected delivery. A student brought in some hops to me in a ziploc bag to sword fighting class. Couldn't have predicted that.

Turns out they have a giant hop vine at their house, and their reason for having it is it "looked cool" at the time. Turns out they're Sunbeam. Not typically used for brewing but a cousin of Saaz. I am planning a nothing-too-special wheat brew for this upcoming weekend, think I might science it up a bit. First time using this breed, first time using fresh, see what happens. Who knows, maybe make it my first kristal?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407788499.233163.jpg
Order from bargain fittings. I am regretting ordering the c style camlocks but I guess I'll roll with it and see how they work out

Yea the high flows are more expensive but pretty worth it imo.

After I ordered these I thought the same at least on the kettle side of the pump where you don't want flow restriction. Oh well an order will probably be placed to brew hardware soon.

After I ordered these I thought the same at least on the kettle side of the pump where you don't want flow restriction. Oh well an order will probably be placed to brew hardware soon.

Don't forget the hose clamps

Don't forget the hose clamps

Yeah i am going to order the clamps with the smooth interior from brewhardware . I have had a chuggger pump since around Christmas and just now getting around to setting it up using it. So lazy.

New battery for my 4wheeler. But in the bed of the truck was most of the stuff to finish the new keezer, wood to build an adirondack chair and wood for a new work bench

Making my first ever wine kit got these on ebay for $12.00, 500 ml, cork finish, made in Italy

$_57 (2).JPG

Ingredients for an Imperial Red Ale for Sat's brew day.

3 more fermentation buckets. 4 more extract kits (one was wrong..contacting midwestsupplies in a bit), some tablets and a few fermometers.

On a happier note, 4 more kegs bringing my up to 6. :ban: That should keep things going for a while until I can justify the collar upgrade on the keezer. Always have something or another nearby and ready to drop in when a keg kicks.

So one turned out to be a dud. Firstly it had some repair welding, but otherwise seemingly good shape. Function matters most, and me being the easy going guy decided to roll with it. Turns out it had a crossthread liquid out post. Now things aren't so "roll with it." Contacted supplier, sent a new one out in record time, all is good.

So now I look at my "dud" corny. I envision a stainless steel fermenter that will fit nicely into my now existing keezer. Looks like lagertime!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408398836.395400.jpg
Last of the fittings I needed from brewhardware.com. My chugger pump is hooked up and ready to go

Back