What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a catalog from both Midwest & NB yesterday. Pipeline's getting low,& I got E-check to worry about. so those $25 kits are looking pretty good.

I got my catalogs from them as well. It really seems that the catalogs get more and more like each other now that they're essentially the same company. Wouldn't it be easier to just combine the catalogs into 1 larger edition than print two separate ones and pay for postage twice? I mean, half the items are in both anyways...

Out of the box and going together now

2374f7c37cdc6a50212a4382d542f4b6.jpg

my wife broke the single glass while doing dishes. I've had it for about a decade. she felt real bad about it & tried to find me the same one to replace it. although she couldn't find it, she found these 4 for me. my wife is so damn awesome!

That's a good woman right there! I love my Stone glassware.
Got a 320gig hard drive for my xbox360 today

1 lb Amarillo Leaf Hops
1 lb Cascade Leaf Hops
1 lb Chinook Leaf Hops
1 lb Citra Leaf Hops

Now, what to brew........

my wife broke the single glass while doing dishes. I've had it for about a decade. she felt real bad about it & tried to find me the same one to replace it. although she couldn't find it, she found these 4 for me. my wife is so damn awesome!

I like those glasses! I saved the arrogant bastard bomber in my collection.:mug:

I got my ThermoPop. It looks like finsfan's but it's orange.
I've been measuring the temp of stuff randomly. Toast isn't as hot as I thought and my coffee from my keurig is actually 15 degrees cooler than it should also be once it hits the cold mug. :D

^Sounds like your sparge temp's a little low. ;) Not to mention,tun temp.:D

I haven't used it for brewing, yet. :) I promised myself I would bottle up at least 2 batches before I brewed again. I think I'm too low on bottles though, which is utterly annoying to say the least.

I haven't used it for brewing, yet. :) I promised myself I would bottle up at least 2 batches before I brewed again. I think I'm too low on bottles though, which is utterly annoying to say the least.

Seems like its time to drink too much this weekend then, for more bottles of course :D

Hops from HopsDirect - most of the lbs are 2-4oz over
Surprise beercicles from mcbaumannerb. Glad the bottles didn't bust. Broken HandFarm would have made me cry. A lot.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390579784.949610.jpg

Got my title for my new (to me) 2008 Ford Escape. Still no new plate, though, don't know why Indiana can't just give you a frikken plate at the BMV.

I've really been slacking in the brewing department lately, nothing beer related in quite a while.

A new 1/2" Auto siphon for Ales, so that my old one gets used on wild brews. I have an Oude Bruin and a RR Supplication clone at 1 year, a RR Consecration clone at 4 months.

bayou burner (SQ14) for my new 60 qt boil kettle that should be here next week.

now i need to build a gravity stand and figure out my new process with 2 burners...

I got a pack of UMAI dry aging bags. Going out to Costco to buy a NY Strip and a rack of beef rib eye to test it's on. I may pick up a rump roast for Bresaola and a pork shoulder for a capicola.

I got a pack of UMAI dry aging bags. Going out to Costco to buy a NY Strip and a rack of beef rib eye to test it's on. I may pick up a rump roast for Bresaola and a pork shoulder for a capicola.

I hope you have better luck than I did with the bags. I had a 50% vacuum success rate. Made Brasaola, Lonzinos, and Capicola.

I'll Report back on how they work. The potential payoff is worth the risk.

Can I ask, was it the actual seal that gave you problems or the bag itself having a pinhole?

I'll Report back on how they work. The potential payoff is worth the risk.

Can I ask, was it the actual seal that gave you problems or the bag itself having a pinhole?

I believe it is the type food saver I have. The bag has to be pushed into a slot for it to start a vac. I couldn't get it to work half the time. But those that did produced great results.

A batch of fittings for my new brew rig....the day before I leave for a few months :-(

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Home Brew mobile app

New stout 9gal mash tun and 2 more beer counter pressure bottle fillers. Its like Xmas.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Home Brew mobile app

An Eva Dry and STC-1000 for my keezer build! Just waiting on my 4 faucet setup from KegConnection to be delivered and I'll get this thing put together!! :rockin:

image.jpg

500g digital pocket scale & an indoor humidity/temperature monitor(old one broke)...of course I forgot the calibration weight so that should arrive by tomorrow or thursday!

Back