What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 pounds of local, organic, 2-row
10 pounds of unique specialty malts

Gotta pick it up tomorrow at the local malt house.

Noms!

20lb CO2 tank.

This didn't come today, but I got a confirmation email from stout that my first conical should be here on thursday, pretty jazzed.

Beer line, crimps and crimping tool.

I did not clean my lines right away after my last keg kicked. They are now full of old beer and moldy spots. Total cleaning of connectors and faucets. Then installation of new lines.

Grains, hops and yeast for Vanilla Bourbon Porter from Brewmasters Warehouse. I love the way they package everything I've ever ordered from them. Definitely top notch.

For my next coffee stout :)

image.jpg

I buy my green beans buy the 50# sack.
No better way to go, than roasting yer own! :mug:

pb

I prefer 2# bags and get a variety of beans . I go through a pound a week so buy a couple of months of beans. This is what I just received:

Peru Puno -Flora Mamani Pinto Microlot
El Salvador Finca Matalapa Bourbon
Colombia Huila - Pitalito Microlot
Guatemala Huehuetenango

And you're right, there is no better way to go!!!

I prefer 2# bags and get a variety of beans . I go through a pound a week so buy a couple of months of beans. This is what I just received:

Peru Puno -Flora Mamani Pinto Microlot
El Salvador Finca Matalapa Bourbon
Colombia Huila - Pitalito Microlot
Guatemala Huehuetenango

And you're right, there is no better way to go!!!

We tried all kinds of different beans when I first started to roast.
I would never tell Mrs. Bob what is was until she drank and commented on the flavor. She would rated them, usually good or not bad.

Then she started to say, "That's really good!", or, "That's damned good!". Both ways it turned out to be Java Estate, every time. So that is our main coffee. We have been known to order other types but not often.

Never really had any bad kinds except for Ethiopian, never could find a way to roast it that wasn't terrible to us.

pb

(Yesterday) I received a box of extras from a buddy who built his Kal clone electric set up last year with heat shrink tubing, o-rings, wire, as well as two Greenlee punches and a step bit! :D

Can't wait to get mine started. :ban:

Thanks, Brett! Now I have to figure out how to return the favor :mug:

We tried all kinds of different beans when I first started to roast.
I would never tell Mrs. Bob what is was until she drank and commented on the flavor. She would rated them, usually good or not bad.

Then she started to say, "That's really good!", or, "That's damned good!". Both ways it turned out to be Java Estate, every time. So that is our main coffee. We have been known to order other types but not often.

Never really had any bad kinds except for Ethiopian, never could find a way to roast it that wasn't terrible to us.

pb

Where do you get your java estate coffee? Their website only sells to other businesses!

Where do you get your java estate coffee? Their website only sells to other businesses!

The last few times have been from this place.

It's the only one, I can find, that sells 50#'rs of Java any more. +free shipping.

$278 seems pricey, but I believe it would cost way more to buy that much Folgers. And truly fresh roasted coffee is so good that I won't drink much else.

pb --- Coffee snob

My 25 gallon SS BK that I got from this link at Homebrewfinds. or thought I did. Apparently somehow I got the BK instead of the MLT, but I wasn't really going to use it for a MLT anyway (no false bottom, paid the same, remember the BK supposed to be more expensive, oh well. Besides amazon says I bought the BK so that must be what I bought). Came looking like it got whanged a bit in transit. How whiny should I be?
2 matching dents in the side, one in the lip, one in the lid, and the kettle is not round anymore, so the lid slides around, but it still covers the open area.

Since it just arrived today I will let you all decide if I should accept it as is or inquire through amazon about replacement/whatever. This is a large pot though, seriously dwarfs my 15 gallon. I can almost climb into it.

My 25 gallon SS BK that I got from this link at Homebrewfinds. or thought I did. Apparently somehow I got the BK instead of the MLT, but I wasn't really going to use it for a MLT anyway (no false bottom, paid the same, remember the BK supposed to be more expensive, oh well. Besides amazon says I bought the BK so that must be what I bought). Came looking like it got whanged a bit in transit. How whiny should I be?
2 matching dents in the side, one in the lip, one in the lid, and the kettle is not round anymore, so the lid slides around, but it still covers the open area.

Since it just arrived today I will let you all decide if I should accept it as is or inquire through amazon about replacement/whatever. This is a large pot though, seriously dwarfs my 15 gallon. I can almost climb into it.

You should have that thing for a long time, so if it bothers you, I say contact them. Amazon has been really easy for me to work with when there are issues like this.

You have a right to expect your order to arrive undamaged regardless of how good the deal was I would contact Amazon

Had to buy something to meet the free shipping threshold on Amazon, so why not books!

6bce2f752d961ae0bd13802e4ba54471.jpg

Got these threw kindle a while ago but nothing like paperback thats for sure, miss holding books in my hand but kindle is cheaper sometimes.

I'd call then it send back. Maybe if they put "fragile: don't play soccer with this" you might have better luck the next time.

Whellp, called up amazon, and since they shipped it for a third party seller, they can only allow me to return it, and then order a new one at full price now. Seeing as it now costs 60% more than it did when I ordered it, I get to settle for a partial refund and a blemished pot that I get to hammer out since it will still hold liquid. It does look like they played forklift soccer with it as there is a hole in both layers of boxes that look like a fork lift stabbed it twice and many other tears and dings.

Oh well. I am going to break it in this weekend (I hope) and it should still make beer. Nothing against the seller, poop just happens. But man, that is a huge freaking pot.

Whellp, called up amazon, and since they shipped it for a third party seller, they can only allow me to return it, and then order a new one at full price now. Seeing as it now costs 60% more than it did when I ordered it, I get to settle for a partial refund and a blemished pot that I get to hammer out since it will still hold liquid. It does look like they played forklift soccer with it as there is a hole in both layers of boxes that look like a fork lift stabbed it twice and many other tears and dings.

Oh well. I am going to break it in this weekend (I hope) and it should still make beer. Nothing against the seller, poop just happens. But man, that is a huge freaking pot.

I ran into a situation like that with a high end dehydrator my wife wanted. It shipped from a third party, which I didn't have a problem with at the time. It had free shipping. When I contacted them to send it back I was gonna have to pay return shipping, which I don't have to do with amazon as the seller; that may be a prime membership perk, not sure. Anyway, that was gonna be $25. I told them that was bs, refund my money when they got it, and I didn't want to order anything else from them. Since I used to ship a lot of stuff via ups, I know how their labels are set up. I shipped it third party with the sellers ups number. There's no way I was gonna pay return shipping on a defective item. In my case it worked out better because the manufacturer had a discount code on their site to get the replacement even cheaper than the original. Now I only buy stuff with amazon as the seller.

Not to hijack, but how do you roast them?

We bought a coffee roaster from morebeer, it works well enough that Mrs. Bob handles all angles of the coffee.

Use to roast in a few different rigs that were homemade, but then I had to do all the roasting. And those all had to be done outside.

8223.jpg

That is what we use.

pb

We bought a coffee roaster from morebeer, it works well enough that Mrs. Bob handles all angles of the coffee.

Use to roast in a few different rigs that were homemade, but then I had to do all the roasting. And those all had to be done outside.

8223.jpg

That is what we use.

pb

That's pretty cool!

I got a catalog from both Midwest & NB yesterday. Pipeline's getting low,& I got E-check to worry about. so those $25 kits are looking pretty good.

New purple thermopop. Even included complimentary jelly beans :D

Oooooh I'll be curious to see how you like it. I really like my Thermapen for smoking, and thought about picking up one of the Pops instead of always borrowing that one

Back