What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading material...still a noob

null_zpsb59b285e.jpg

null_zpsb59b285e.jpg

Don't need to be a noob to learn a lot from those books. I'm reading yeast again. Maybe 3 or 4 more times through and I'll understand all of it.

I got beer scented broken glass in the mail today. :( As sad as a broken Tired Hands growler is, I wasn't sure which package it was at first and was pretty relieved it wasn't Oerbier Reserva. That might have been enough to sit in the garage with the car running.

null_zpsb59b285e.jpg
I just ordered my set from amazon today..I am the noob for not clicking pre order on water.

Ok went back and pre ordered Water. Then I found 3 more interesting books. sigh, good thing I do not have to explain my purchases to a wife.

A huge utility sink for my basement brew room. And to think that I was worries that it wouldn't be big enough. Here it is before I attached the legs.

image-338337811.jpg

A pressure barrel relief valve and CO2 injector. Now I just need to work out how to couple to a non-standard M18x2.0 thread...

MY REFRACTOMETER!!!!!! Found this baby on ebay listed at $75, talked them down to $40! ($150+ new) It is used but perfect condition, it works and is already calibrated perfectly :D I also got my replacement car window motor but that not near as exciting

2013-09-17 17.32.55.jpg

Order from WilliamsB: worts chiller, faucet adapter, oxygen kit, PBW, 100 green caps, and a bonus Down under hop sampler for spending enough $. 6 different hops, 2 oz.'s of each!

4 lbs of dried cherries (1 lb for my winter ale) and a mason jar attachment for my food saver to help store small amounts of grain!

finsfan said:
MY REFRACTOMETER!!!!!! Found this baby on ebay listed at $75, talked them down to $40! ($150+ new) It is used but perfect condition, it works and is already calibrated perfectly :D
That's a good deal. I bought my Extech RF15 last year through amazon warehouse deals for just shy of $40. I love it! I just checked amazon, and the cheapest one they have is $94.

That's a good deal. I bought my Extech RF15 last year through amazon warehouse deals for just shy of $40. I love it! I just checked amazon, and the cheapest one they have is $94.

dang nice! Yeah I had been looking for one but didnt wanna spend $40 on one that I might have to replace soon. I finally found a nice one for cheap and glad I got it!

Didn't really get it in the mail, but I got an email that my Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley hunter was shipped today! I have a feeling it's gonna be a great deer season!:ban:

I got my shipping notice from Bobby at BrewHardware. I'm upgrading my kettle with a drain valve so I don't have to pour from it any more.

Another STC-1000, 6-piece canning utensil set (for my Doomsday Prepping haha), and a 2L erlenmeyer for my yeast starter. Next brew will be my first attempt at a starter. Looking forward to it.

I got books!

Beyond the Pale (about the story behind Sierra Nevada)

American Craft Beer Cookbook

He Said Beer, She Said Wine (beer/wine food pairing book, co-written by Sam Caligione)

Those simian package handlers will eventually upgrade to simian package car drivers and make over $100k/yr.

I started driving right off the street...no loading for this guy. It is closer to $80-90k where I work. I suppose being a complete OT whore in some areas of the country will get you over $100k.

I got my two 6 gal bubblers from northern brewer from the BOGO deal . Then Saturday I got my oxygen injection system from Midwest . Still waiting for my 15 packets of 3 types of yeast and a 2 gal ferm bucket . You can never have enough fermenters !

thatjonguy said:
I started driving right off the street...no loading for this guy. It is closer to $80-90k where I work. I suppose being a complete OT whore in some areas of the country will get you over $100k.
Wow. Now I actually hate my ups guy. Before I just thought he was a dillhole. No reason to act like you hate your job driving. A truck for that kind of money.

Yeah UPS drivers make crazy money.

I've heard you have to perfect some ridiculous 90-point process to qualify.

Wow. Now I actually hate my ups guy. Before I just thought he was a dillhole. No reason to act like you hate your job driving. A truck for that kind of money.

Takes 3 years to get to that level. Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you love your job. I hate mine for many reasons but payday isn't one of them.

Yeah UPS drivers make crazy money.

I've heard you have to perfect some ridiculous 90-point process to qualify.

Most areas of the country you spend years (3 to 10) working inside at $8.50/hr part time to be considered for a driver job. Some get lucky, like I did and walked in off the street due to the ridiculous job market in ND.

The training and metrics that they measure your performance by is insane. If you can measure or record it, you can bet they are.

It was actually Monday but I did get my new Chugger Pump with the Center Inlet SS Head. Now just waiting for all the camlocks, valves and tubing to show up from bargainfittings.com!

Back