What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice sampling from skeezerpleezer. Thanks man!

ForumRunner_20130529_192346.png

Nothing! :( I was suppose to get my Pacman yeast from Farmhouse but something went weird with the shipping! Looks like LHBS trip it will be today to pick Denny's Favorite 50, it'll work just not what I was hoping to use.

Surly furious all grain kit from northern.... I love buying from them. The yeast I get from them is ALWAYS fresh, unlike the stuff I usually get from morebeer, which is usually 3 plus months old.

Then, I got my recirculating wortchiller and my BROKEN march pump with fittings, both from morebeer. Kinda bummed, as I was going to brew today with my new toys, but pumps outta commission

got my 80 quart stainless pot from roundeyesupply.com today 62 bucks shipped! its biger than i was expecting

IMG_0967.jpg

got my 80 quart stainless pot from roundeyesupply.com today 62 bucks shipped! its biger than i was expecting

How is the quality? There wasn't much of a description, just wondering how thick the pot is especially on the bottom and where valves etc. would be installed.

hungry4hops said:

Very jealous.

Best price for brew kettles in the uk that I have found is £65 -around $98- for a 32L ( just under 34 us quarts). When I see the prices you guys post I feel we get properly ripped off here.

Very jealous.

Best price for brew kettles in the uk that I have found is £65 (around $98) for a 32L ( just under 34 us quarts). When I see the prices you guys post I feel we get properly ripped off here.

Yeah isn't it, I'm looking at putting together some sort of e-biab system but all the stuff is so cripplingly expensive here.

hungry4hops said:

Wow, that's a great deal!

Well, the pipe line ran a little short, so I supplemented with a commercial keg. So I received hose connections to convert from ball lock to sanke tap for both gas and beer.....

Got my three propane burners for my future all grain set-up and received my stainless fittings from Bobby at Brewhardware. Can't wait to get my (2) 60qt and (1) 80qt pots in this week. Should get them Monday.

A nice big order from RiteBrew!

Spanner Wrench
5 Ball-Lock Gas Keg Coupler - 1/4" MFL
5 Swivel Nut - 1/4" FFL to 5/16" barb
2 Ball-Lock Liquid Keg Coupler - 1/4" MFL
2 Swivel Nut - 1/4" FFL to 1/4" barb
Primary CO2 Regulator
Brass Nipple - Right Hand Thread
Brass Nipple - Left Hand Thread
Gas Shut-off valve - 1/4" NPT x 3/8" Hose Barb with check valve
6 Keg lid O-ring
12 Keg dip tube O-ring
6 Ball-Lock Keg post O-ring - Black
6 Ball-Lock Keg post O-ring - Red
12 Universal Poppet
Petro-Lube - Keg Lube

TNGabe said:
Strange how those airlocks seem to wander off, isn't it? I'm hoping they go off to mate and I'll find a nest of them around here somewhere.

What you need to do is turn the lights off, wait a few minutes then turn them on again, ensuring you are ready with a rolled up newspaper.

Sweet! What was the recipe?

Milk Stout
OG: 1.060
FG: 1.024
Mash at 151F
10lbs 2-row
1lb Black Patent
.75lb Crystal 80
.5lb Pale Chocolate
1lb Lactose (added at 15min)
Kent Golding @ 60min to get 29ibu
Fermented with S-04 at 68F.

I found out with this beer that I do not care for Black Patent at all, if I re-brew I will use a combination of roasted barley and de-bittered black malt added at sparge. This beer was in bottles for 9 months when it earned gold and by then the harshness of the Black Patent had gone leaving it very smooth and drinkable. :mug:

Back