What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1701475194319.jpg

I wish I had something to post… waiting for an order of dry yeast which was supposed to arrive on 11/27 at the latest, but wasn’t even mailed (yes f-ing snail mail living up to its name) until 12/1.
IMG_2432.jpeg

Four days to move to another zip code in the same city. WTF? !

Two things...

A cherry wood smoked boneless ham for Christmas dinner, and a dash cam I bought on a whim/impulse. Should return the dash cam in its presently unopened state is what I should do. Keeping the ham for sure though. LOL.

Two days after the post office reported the yeast delivered an envelope with 3 out of the 10 ordered have arrived. No communication from the company about when the others are shipping. Needless to say, no matter how good the sale of the day is, I’m not purchasing from them again.

Beer seeds - some really pale, some really dark, some in between. Single celled members of the fungus family. Pressed flower petals. Bee vomit. MMmmmm - tastiness will surely follow! I believe this box is intended to become an extra-stout, and a spiffy cream ale using honey instead of corn or rice. At least that is the current plan - But I drink some, and that can lead to unexpected good ideas. So we will wait and see what happens later in the week.

Ok, that Reaper came with an actual beer-related message which one can easily appreciate.
The previous Reaper was looming large over the hopyards with not a hint of intention nor wisdom. Just plain Reaper-like ;)

Cheers!

Didn't exactly come in the mail today, but it did come in the mail as part of a 12 days of Christmas gift pack. Various cheeses and other items in the assortment.

Here we have a pack of chili-lime roasted crickets and sunflower seed mix.

Yes Virginia, them's real crickets in that thar package. ;)

20231212_201344.jpg

Brew Easy system arrived. Not the most exciting picture, but exciting delivery. Just in time two I think I have three kegs not far from kicking and I really didn't wanted my last garage brew to be my last. Welcome to indoors.

Just need to get it together and still need to install a 220 outlet.

Also my steam condensing lid is backordered....if that doesn't come in time brewing once with a door open shouldn't be that bad, Right??? (waiting will be hard if not)

Picture1.jpg

Brew Easy system arrived. Not the most exciting picture, but exciting delivery. Just in time two I think I have three kegs not far from kicking and I really didn't wanted my last garage brew to be my last. Welcome to indoors.

Just need to get it together and still need to install a 220 outlet.

Also my steam condensing lid is backordered....if that doesn't come in time brewing once with a door open shouldn't be that bad, Right??? (waiting will be hard if not)

View attachment 836449
I'd see how things go with a short boil during your test and clean of the rig. A lot of condensation can occur, as an indoor brewer when I didn't have the condenser even with door open and window for a through draught I remember the condensation on walls,windows and ceiling.

Last edited:
I'd see how things go with a short boil during your test and clean of the rig. A lot of condensation can occur, as an indoor brewer when I didn't have the condenser even with door open and window for a through draught I remember the condensation on walls,windows and ceiling.
Well I haven’t got the 220 installed either and Spike did say they should be in stock soon. Worst case their might be one brew without. I’m off work between Christmas and New Years and going to be tough to resist doing one batch in that time

A new, faster micro SD memory card for the impulse buy dash cam I don't really need, but decided to keep.

The first card, a Samsung Pro Endurance only worked up to 1440 resolution. If i tried to use the 4k resolution the recorded video would intermittently freeze and be unusably pixellated.

The new card, Samsung Pro Plus, works fine at full 4k resolution.

Recording a 4k stream probably doesn't seem too taxing at face value, but bear in mind it's a three-stream dash cam. So, simultaneously recording a 4k front view, 1080 interior view, and 1080 rear view, along with GPS speed and position info, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Back