What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a set of shorty legs and a sight glass for my Spike CF10 as well as another keg and a 20 pound co2 tank to go with my 5 pounder.
SpikeCF10Mods.jpg

Received my hand held digital temperature gun for mash and boil temps. Cheap from eBay, but tested on hot cold and warm surfaces and works great...so far.
s-l300.jpeg

Received my hand held digital temperature gun for mash and boil temps. Cheap from eBay, but tested on hot cold and warm surfaces and works great...so far.View attachment 623027
Love my IR thermometer, but once the steam starts coming off a liquid, the temp readings go south. This is to be expected since it is an optical instrument. I've found it most useful for monitoring the cool after the boil, as you don't have to worry about remembering to sanitize before you take a reading.

Brew on :mug:

Last edited:
Love my IR thermometer, but once the steam starts coming off a liquid, the temp readings go south. This is to be expected since it is an optical instrument. I've found it most useful for monitoring the cool after the boil, as you don't have to worry about remembering to sanitize before you take a reading.

Thanks for the tip!..steam interference makes sense. I wanted it more for mash tun temps than anything else

Thats why I dig this forum. I’ve never even thought about using my IR gun to measure cool side temps instead of sanitizing my temp probe and cleaning afterwards.

Edit: spelling mistake

Last edited:
About 5 minutes ago my USPS delivery of hops showed up. 1 each- Tettnanger, Mt Hood and Crystal. Just the other day I was at Tractor Supply and they had Nugget so I got one of those.
Had I known the hops twine was basic 3/8- 1/2" common brown rope I'd have went and bought a small roll.

- wyeast 1084
- glass fermenters 2 x 6 & 10 liters
- hop cones : target, challenger, east kent & worcester goldings, bramling X, northern brewer
- spray malts
- additional 1 l erlenmayer
- pipettes
- isinglass paste & magicol
- silica gel

I think we're ready for some action.. but dreamin of a microscope during summer

Inkbird thermo controller
Imperial Joystick yeast
2 mash kits, Red Rye IPA and Choc brown ale
5.2 stablisier to give it a try
PH calibration stuff
Some gas line
Syhpon clip
Hyrdometer as a spare for when inevitable happens

Damn...at least they saved what wasnt broken but too bad they didnt just deliver the remainder

They wouldn't hold at their facility either, but they have to know it had alcohol. It's interesting they didn't dispose of the contents which I'm extremely grateful for (many one-off things in that box). It truly sucks either way...will have to wait and see what is left and if they DO say something when I file the claim.

They wouldn't hold at their facility either, but they have to know it had alcohol. It's interesting they didn't dispose of the contents which I'm extremely grateful for (many one-off things in that box). It truly sucks either way...will have to wait and see what is left and if they DO say something when I file the claim.

Please keep us posted. This does truly suck!

Fire Ant and Crowd Control!
I'm blowing through my "Watched Threads", catching up after a busy weekend, not really paying attention to thread titles, just working my way up from the bottom, when I get to here and think "Well, fire ants WOULD be great crowd control... Wait, what thread am I on???" :D

Back