What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tilt hydrometer and a raspberry pi 3 model B+ came during the week. Unfortunately i didn't have big enough microsd card spare so not setup this weekend but that will be remedied in a few days when i have a few more microsd cards delivered. Works alright with my phone but I want the raspberry pi doing the data logging etc.

Not here yet, but ordered three pounds of hops yesterday. Crystal, Chinook, and Legacy. Can't find any Mosaic online in both leaf and pellet, so I'm going to try a mix of the Crystal and Legacy in my next House IPA to see if it's something we'll like. I'm really liking Crystal for my lagers, and needed more chinook for my strong I plan on doing next weekend.

Nice visit from my sister today.

IMG_1520.JPG

Nothing, was suppose to get ingredients for 2 brews but Hurricane Florence has screwed up the delivery from Morebeer to Fl.

A Blingman Quick Carb. Gotta love More Beer’s Fast Free shipping.

Once assembled the short hose between the manifold and pump leaked so I removed the OEM clamp and installed a worm clamp nice and tight. Good to go now.

No, you are correct. It makes me sad to buy a brand new keg and have it arrive with a dent in the side, but I guess it is not a big enough deal to complain to the vendor about.
I would let them know about it, but explain that you're fine with keeping it to not waste your time and their resources. They might issue a partial refund or send you some swag.

1kg of castle château cafe light
1kg of castle château biscuit
1kg weyermann chocolate spelt
1kg honey malt
IMG_20180919_214023699.jpeg

getting four well-loved kegs from Adventures in Homebrewing tomorrow. Bought a 7 cu ft chest freezer 2 weeks ago. After 5 years of bottling, I am finally ready to move to kegging.

After you keg for the first time, you will say “Why didn’t I do this sooner?” [emoji6]

After you keg for the first time, you will say “Why didn’t I do this sooner?” [emoji6]

Oh, I know! The wife and I have been talking about it for two years. But, I had to get my process better, build out 2 ferm chambers, switch from gas to electric BIAB with a controller, etc, etc, before I found the time and money to finally pull the trigger on kegging. Now, I am seeing so many new opportunities to relieve my wallet of the money that is in it.

A 23L PET carboy
Another fast rack and tray.

The carboy is mainly for yeast watching lol. I have bucket fermenters and a 10L PET carboy but thought a 23L one would be good and one of my buckets somehow got some scratches so i will retire that and replace it with the plastic carboy.
I know glass carboys have benefits but I don't like the downsides.

Woke up to a fantastic birthday present from my girls, a Monster Mill 3 grain crusher! My daughter and I made a weekend trip to our local brew supply and they mentioned getting out of the business due to mail order competition. I blurted out loud, "How will I get my grain crushed?" The daughter took note and voila, tonight we crush our own!

Quick disconnects and 10' replacement hose. Never used quick disconnects before, so excited to try them out!

No, you are correct. It makes me sad to buy a brand new keg and have it arrive with a dent in the side, but I guess it is not a big enough deal to complain to the vendor about.
You could try connecting the keg to pressure while it is half filled with boiling water. 30 PSI should be enough along with the heat to pop a shallow dent.

Yesterday I got 1 adapter for a quick disconnect to my pump that I misjudged the size of originally. Still waiting on the last package to complete everything.

IMG_2693.JPG

A little care package from @LoneTreeFarms today! Thanks a million!!

IMG_2694.JPG

Another little care package from@Jimyson! Thanks a million too!! I may roast some of that coffee tonight to have it ready for the weekend.

Two care packages in one day and the FotD XIV package arrived yesterday (thanks @gwinn758)! Woohoo! Five o’clock can’t come soon enough!!

View attachment 590085

A little care package from @LoneTreeFarms today! Thanks a million!!

View attachment 590086

Another little care package from@Jimyson! Thanks a million too!! I may roast some of that coffee tonight to have it ready for the weekend.

Two care packages in one day and the FotD XIV package arrived yesterday (thanks @gwinn758)! Woohoo! Five o’clock can’t come soon enough!!

Decided to throw this on tonight. Didn’t grab starting weight so here is some of it. I haven’t roasted this in a while and don’t have a profile yet so we shall see how it turns out.

IMG_1653.JPG

Yesterday got the last of my quick disconnects and some homebrew stuff for my wife to give me for my birthday :)

Back