What Beer Turned You on to Craft Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete's Wicked Ale. Now I want to find/make a clone. I'm curious if I would still like it.

Probably Celis White back in the mid 90's. Started trying lots of different beers after that. A few others from that period that I remember sparking my love of beer (not just drinking) are Fuller's Porter, Chimay red, and most especially my first cask conditioned Fuller's ESB. After years of leaning heavily towards British and Belgian stuff and eschewing IPAs and other bitter nonsense I kind of got stuck with a 512 IPA at a bar in Austin one night and absolutely loved it. I've only in the past 4 or 5 months ever had any sour beers and I'm compelled to try them whenever I see them now. I've been drinking what I think of as good beer for almost 20 years now (legally) and am learning and appreciating more every day it seems.

P.S. I miss Pete's too.

Amazingly mine was actually a homebrew. A couple people I knew brewed beer and I tried a nut brown ale and was shocked at how great it was. He got me a brewing kit for Christmas and I learned all I could about beer and all the great flavors it could come in.

Spotted Cow from New Glarus. It's a great farmhouse style cream ale. Since then I've developed into a major hop head but I'll always have room for Spotted Cow.

Back