What beer should I grab from Wisconsin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reporting back on what i got and tried in milwaukee. as i figured, time was short so my only option was a liquor store a couple blocks from my friends place.
What i tried:
I was at a bar for a show and got a try some stuff:
-NG totally naked:
-Fantasy factory IPA
-Ale Asylum demento
-NG road slush

brought back:
-NG spotted cow
-NG moon man
-NG berliner weisse
-NG scream iipa
-capitol brewing ghost ship white IPA
-surly bitter brewer
-horny goat laka laka pineapple heffeweisen

I love Moon man, and Scream. Bitter brewer is ok (not as good as Furious or Abrasive), but Horny Goat is not my favorite at all. I do love the name, though!

Next time you're in Wisconsin, drive 4.5 hours north, and I will take you on a personal guided tours of the best places around. (One may be my house, but I'm not saying for sure). :D

I haven't had the white IPA, but the Red IPA is one of the best new beer offerings this (last?) year. 12 pack of cans in the fridge right now!

I bought a 12-pack of their pale ale sampler; three cans of 4 different pales. The Ghostship was my favorite. I don't think the red was one of them though.

the horny goat laka laka is good for what it is. it's a little sweet but not as over the top as a lot of fruit beers could be. I really love pineapple so i grabbed it on a whim.
my favorites: moon man, berliner weisse and ghost ship. ghost ship actually tastes like how i wanted this one amarillo heffeweisen i made to taste. also the first time i've seen canned craft beer in a 12 pack.
not so favorites: surley bitter brewer and scream ipa. bitter brewer was pretty thin malt wise and didn't have much between bittering hops and some faint aroma hops. scream ipa was okay, i'm just getting to the point where i think 75% of ipas taste kinda the same.

Back