What are your settings on ink bird 308

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralliman

Reaction score
For everyone using the inkbird Ict-308 what settings are you using on it while using it in kegerator and keezer.

Was just wondering if anyone else had answered the same question.

I have mine in the fridge at the moment and taped to the side of the fermenter with a sock to insulate it from the air temps.

Set at 64.0 F for fermentation. Had it on 5 minute delay and just dialed it down from 2 to 1 degree temp change before cooling kicks in again, now that I know it accurately takes the temp of the liquid, since the mass of the fermenter holds temperature well.

Haven't used it for cooling the finished product yet but figure I'll use similar approach and tape it to the side of the keg, set at whatever temp is consistent with the style.

Set the compressor (cooling) delay to the max (10 minutes) to minimize compressor cycling. This will maximize the life of your compressor. I use 1˚F (minimum available setting) for both the heating and cooling hysteresis.

Brew on :mug:

I use a freezer for a fermentation chamber (especially in the summer) so the added insulation really helps buffer the temp swings. I set at 1F hysteresis and a 3 min compressor delay. I am doing a hefe now at 64F and the freezer rarely cycles on. It comes on once maybe twice at the most per hour. Nights in low 70's and days are upper 80's here now. Once I see the compressor cycling more often, I'll bump up the delay some.

danby kegerator here. inkbird set on 34F, with a 4F variation, 5 min compressor cycle. kicks on at 38, shuts off at 34 right on the dot. ive got my probe ziptied to the side of an old beer with some microfiber cloth over the probe to prevent swings.

danby kegerator here. inkbird set on 34F, with a 4F variation, 5 min compressor cycle. kicks on at 38, shuts off at 34 right on the dot. ive got my probe ziptied to the side of an old beer with some microfiber cloth over the probe to prevent swings.

Is that 4F variation the Heat Differential or the Cooling Differential?

I just got one and looking to set it up right. I'm looking to st it at 38 degrees.

I use mine on a kegerator. I have the cooling set to 38f. 1-degree temp difference. I have the compressor delay set at 5 minutes. My probe is in a small plastic cup of water in the front of the kegerator. I have a TRUE kegerator. I'm getting ready to set up a freezer for a fermentation chamber.

Back