Inkbird 308 WIFI, what happens if it's without power? Does it reconnect to WIFI?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwipen

Reaction score
Will an Inkbird 308 WIFI automatically reconnect to wifi if it has been disconnected for a while between brews or if there is a power outage? Does it remember the temperature settings?

Can it give warnings in the app if the temperature get above or below a certain threshold?

I haven't used one, but it should have some flash memory that stores the wifi config. It would be shocking if you had to enter it every time. (I'm sure you'd see it in negative reviews if that's the case.)

I haven't used one, but it should have some flash memory that stores the wifi config. It would be shocking if you had to enter it every time. (I'm sure you'd see it in negative reviews if that's the case.)
That's what I'm hoping for.

I'd really appreciate it if some of you who has one could chime or even unplug it to see what happens. Maybe also unplug the wifi router to simulate a power outage.

I have one and it always reconnects and doesn't lose the settings.

And yes, it sends an alert to my cell phone if/when the temperature goes out of the range you set.

That's great!

How long has it usually been without power when it reconnects?

That's great!

How long has it usually been without power when it reconnects?
I don't know what the maximum time is that it can be without power and still reconnect. Most of out power outages have been brief, but I think occasionally we have lost power for a couple hours and it reconnected fine.

Mine is on a power cube with my fermentation chamber and I've gone a couple of months between brews (not often but it has happened :). The settings on the Inkbird remain stable for at least that long.

Mine is on a power cube with my fermentation chamber and I've gone a couple of months between brews (not often but it has happened :). The settings on the Inkbird remain stable for at least that long.
Is it the wifi model? If it is, does it also reconnect automatically?

Back