What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night listened to Elden Kelly's CD. He played guitar with Rhonda Larson in the concert we went to. he can really play the guitar, but man, that CD is something else! It's all like Hindu prayer in a light falsetto. Kind of random bits of stuff over top of the very interesting guitar work. It's pretty relaxing when you aren't frustrated by how awesome it would have been without all of the singing. And I've heard him sing at the concert and he has a very good voice if he'd just let it out.

Might be a better CD to listen to when you are trying to relax and go to sleep or something.

Today I'm not into music yet. Maybe later I'll think of something I'll want to listen to.

Right now, the wife is sleeping in the other room so it's just the hum of the air conditioner for me. But earlier this evening had The Tossers cranked up (a couple different albums on shuffle)

JJ Grey & Mofro, 10,000 Islands from the Lochloosa CD.

For my money, best band in America over the past 10 years.

Puscifer - Conditions of my parole/Tiny monsters...headphones maxed, homebrew in hand.:rockin:
Maynard is my hero.....
[ame]http://youtu.be/USXW34U8p_U[/ame]

Fired up Euforquestra's Soup album on my phone after a semi truck hooked a power line 1 block behind us. Set the truck on fire and it took 2 hours or so for the Electric Company to juice us back up. Power went out just as I was getting into the zone on my new server...

Most people left for the day at that point, but I had to stick around to power all the equipment back up. Now everything is back up and I'm surfing info on Guild Wars 2!

It's a Killswitch Engage kind of day for me. We're cleaning out our garage to make way for the man cave (a pool table will be going in, as soon as I find one), and having a few beers while we work. Next up is some Devin Townsend.

Psyclon Nine - 'Faith : Disease'

Needless to say am in an odd mood at the moment. Frustrated ambivalence? Does such a thing exist? :eek: It's been a long week. RDWHAHB... :mug:

Now on to Clutch - 'Profits of Doom.'

Dawnhulio said:
Psyclon Nine - 'Faith : Disease'

Needless to say am in an odd mood at the moment. Frustrated ambivalence? Does such a thing exist? :eek: It's been a long week. RDWHAHB... :mug:

Now on to Clutch - 'Profits of Doom.'

Both good choices! Rock on.

Fired up the time machine this morning, rocking suicidal tendencies

Nordeast,

I had never heard of agalloch before. I was impressed by the subject matter, so listened to Faustian Echoes.

I have spent the last hour listening to marrow of the spirit. The mantle is up next.
:rockin:
Thank you for bringing up this great band! Its amazing to hear a great band with intelligent topics!
:mug:

thepartsmancometh said:
Nordeast,

I had never heard of agalloch before. I was impressed by the subject matter, so listened to Faustian Echoes.

I have spent the last hour listening to marrow of the spirit. The mantle is up next.
Thank you for bringing up this great band! Its amazing to hear a great band with intelligent topics!

I'm listening to them now. Awesome band! I need to buy their first 2 albums, and I'll have all of 'em.

thepartsmancometh said:
Nordeast,

Ahhh yes. Cascadian black metal. Best paired with a nice CDA. Check out Wolves In The Throne Room. If youve never heard of em, that is. Epic ****. You'll love it.
Currently melting to Aldebaran's newest super long crushing doom album, Embracing The Lightless Depths. Definately worth checking out if you're into Asunder-type doom metal.

Okay, totally embarrassing... Alien Ant Farm 'Smooth Criminal'. Yes, I do occasionally like a bad re-make, which this one is still better than the original.

:p

Nordeast,

Don't forget about the White EP, formerly nearly impossible to get but recently re-released on CD and available for order on Agalloch's site. Hard to believe these guys are from Portland, sadly folk music of this caliber rarely originates in the US for some reason.

Back