What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20221009_164842.jpg

A glass of homemade rose' wine that I made 3 years ago (it's still good. This is the next to last bottle) It was supposed to be a red but the yeast dropped out a lot of the color and I actually like it like this. It's the best batch of wine I've ever made and I will try to replicate it again soon.

I'd take a picture, but there's noplace here where the lighting and the background would do it justice. Maybe tomorrow I can add a pic, I'm not going to finish the bottle tonight.

The Scotch certainly is.:barf:
Thats the first time I tried that one. Don’t care for the peat/smoke in that one. Its less of a campfire smoke and more of a burning plastic/phenolic kind of smoke - to me. I got through the bottle by mixing it with other stuff and I don’t think I’ll be buying it again. My all time favoite so far is Johnny Walker Double Black. And I have one up now that the Double Peat is bottle down.

I learned the hard way to overwhelm with coffee. I'm my experience, being tame with coffee gives that green pepper taste.
I feel like if coffee is not cold brewed coffee or steeping the beans in the beer then it gives off the green pepper character to me.
I know some people who don’t get the green peppers when I do so it’s always interesting.
Who knows, maybe it’s the one flavor I’m sensitive to. 🤷🏽‍♂️
FFE01D27-45AD-43B5-ADD4-33A807737A01.jpeg
This while I make some grape juice. A friend picked some Concord grapes from a local vineyard and I’ll add it to some cider I have ready to bottle. 👍🏽

I feel like if coffee is not cold brewed coffee or steeping the beans in the beer then it gives off the green pepper character to me.
I know some people who don’t get the green peppers when I do so it’s always interesting.
Who knows, maybe it’s the one flavor I’m sensitive to. 🤷🏽‍♂️
View attachment 783501This while I make some grape juice. A friend picked some Concord grapes from a local vineyard and I’ll add it to some cider I have ready to bottle. 👍🏽

You maybe right about that. I French press with a lot-o-coffee and bourbon cold for about 20min. Never a problem.

You maybe right about that. I French press with a lot-o-coffee and bourbon cold for about 20min. Never a problem.
Thats what I use when I make coffee beer /coffee stout. Fill your french press with coarsely ground coffee. I use Seattle’s Best or something similar. Take some hot wort out of the kettle and steep it on the grounds. Return to the kettle. Repeat a couple times.

Latest posts

Back