What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super City Brew Fest tonight. Several homebrew clubs present. Had some, as in many, samples.
FAE517B7-E481-454C-B9D6-1CB34B77CF34.jpeg
76DE3840-395B-46C5-91E1-81CC0EEBCCBF.jpeg
C4A2EFE3-A021-43FE-A375-A92EEE90C296.jpeg
78B81292-E0E0-4677-9294-7C3EE4CD609D.jpeg

Teeling before the party. Unfortunately, my crappy POS Edegestar compressor died during the night. We are oldschooling it by packing the fridge with ice bags. Looks like I'll be buying a new kegerator. Any recommendations that are NOT Edgestar?
View attachment 780563

Update, the compressor actually DIED overnight!! Edgestar POS.🤬
My fermentation fridge is Edgestar. I got it a few months ago. So far so good.

I got my kegerator from Kegerator dot com. They are not cheap but they are not Edgestar and you can pretty much build what you want. They have different models with different capacities and different upgrades and options. I paid extra for Perlick front sealing taps.

[edit] I just looked and they actually do sell alot of edgestars. Mine says Kegco on it. I got that at least 4 years ago and I haven’t any issues (knock on wood)

Last edited:
Not local I take it?

They have several locations in MA. I go to the one in southern Mass.

I might go back up there on Monday.
I live in Las Vegas but I plan on making a trip to the north east next year. Fidens, bissell brother, tree house, hill farmstead and trillium are some of few destinations I will visit.

Teeling before the party. Unfortunately, my crappy POS Edegestar compressor died during the night. We are oldschooling it by packing the fridge with ice bags. Looks like I'll be buying a new kegerator. Any recommendations that are NOT Edgestar?
View attachment 780563

Update, the compressor actually DIED overnight!! Edgestar POS.🤬
Sometimes its not the compressor but the compressor relay and those aren’t terribly expensive to replace.

I’m with you. I don’t want summer to be over either. But we’re not going to win this one. Oktoberfest is always in September.

True, but we're not drinking what Americans call "Oktoberfests" at the actual Oktoberfest. It's been pale Festbier since the sixties or seventies, I think.

Just to be clear, I actually think it's cool Americans are sort of "reviving" this somewhat historical style. Plus, the beer at Oktoberfest is not actually all that good. I'll take a good Helles over a Festbier any day.

Back