What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local IPA, Stash

Attachments

• PXL_20220830_005840490.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20220830_005840490.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Recently made a Kolsch and during transfer to corney keg I seen this bug. I don't know how it got in primary bucket as it was closed lid.
It wasn't floating but half way down clinging to bucket which gave me concern it got in during the finished wort transfer from the boil.
I hoped it got boiled up and just kegged it anyway. It's my first Kolsch so can't relate the taste to another of mine.
It tastes ok though like other Kolsch I've had. No hint of infection. But I'll not reuse this yeast.
I don't know what kind of bug it is. Maybe a young japanese beetle, stinkbug, or ?
If it was a roach, I'd toss it. Too gross for me and I'm not from Texas. :yes:

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 0
Last night, at the Olive Garden in Billings (only place nearby still open at 9PM).
79C0113A-E706-48DE-8573-4D5FD9C6778E.jpeg

Server brings menus, I look at the beer list. It says “draught beer-Bud Light and Blue Moon”. I told the server “you don’t have any beer on tap”. He says, “Oh we have Street Fight”. I should have guessed. It’s the unofficial, official beer of Billings. Available almost everywhere adult beverages are served. It’s a really good Irish Red, brewed by a small, local, brewery called Angry Hank’s. Good stuff.

Recently made a Kolsch and during transfer to corney keg I seen this bug. I don't know how it got in primary bucket as it was closed lid.
It wasn't floating but half way down clinging to bucket which gave me concern it got in during the finished wort transfer from the boil.
I hoped it got boiled up and just kegged it anyway. It's my first Kolsch so can't relate the taste to another of mine.
It tastes ok though like other Kolsch I've had. No hint of infection. But I'll not reuse this yeast.
I don't know what kind of bug it is. Maybe a young japanese beetle, stinkbug, or ?
If it was a roach, I'd toss it. Too gross for me and I'm not from Texas. :yes:
Back in the open fermentation days they'd just scoop em out with a ladle. I wouldn't worry.

I was a little in my cups last time I posted here. I apologize if I offended / annoyed anyone who doesn't "get" my sense of humor. Namaste.
Been there man, it is a homebrew site though. It's all good, let's have another.
Cheers!
OT another sam, bit of a let down after having troegs version, not that I'm surprised by that.
16619030978676580255604195909903.jpg

Been there man, it is a homebrew site though. It's all good, let's have another.
Cheers!
OT another sam, bit of a let down after having troegs version, not that I'm surprised by that.
View attachment 779400
Oh I brew... I just can't drink beer all the time or I'll get too fat. Looking forward to brewing an Octo.

I was a little in my cups last time I posted here. I apologize if I offended / annoyed anyone who doesn't "get" my sense of humor. Namaste. 🙏
I've looked at your recent posts, trying, like so many people, to find something to be offended by. Couldn't find it so I guess you need to try harder!😉🍻

my bandwidth sucks at 4mb, so i can't wait for all the delicious beers to load....

but this thread was at the top of recents, and i just thought i'd add a touch of humor!

i'm drinking 10% fermented sugar water, 1/2 gallon oj in a keg...damn this is like drinking rocket fuel! or vodka straight up just waving a glass of orange juice next to it... (it's actually pretty decent at 8%...)

i know it's lame, but i thought at least a couple people would get a laugh.... :mug:

Back