What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35AD0315-5DB5-421E-AA21-5A84CA2C2A48.jpeg

K-9 Rye IPA from Grand Armory at Boyne City Tap Room. Really good!

Splitting a couple with my wife. Easily my two fav breweries in eastern NC. Electric Fog is Citra and Hallertau Blanc. Great beer but I like Pollenduster (bad lighting) a little more with Citra Cascade Motueka and Nelson. Might try this combo out. Nelson is light in the background so imagining it was a touch on DH only. Awesome beer though especially at 6.0% and only described as a pale ale. Love the flavor and aroma though.

On a different note: having these after brewing today. WTF was I thinking in this heat! Bright side: probably lost 6 pounds of sweat lol. Got to replenish!

IMG_3427.jpg
IMG_3425.jpg

My Hb’d West Coast DIPA at 8.4% and 82 IBUS. it was fermented with Omega StarParty (their Thiolized Chico Strain) and hopped with Columbus, T90 & Cryo Simcoe, T90 & Cryo Strata, & Citra LUPOMAX. I wish it were clearer View attachment 775721
Downside of the west coast versions typically clearer - big DH doses are often just gonna leave some haze. enjoy it man!

The dryhop rate wasn’t even that high and I even fined it cold side. I think the hybridized yeast had something to do with it
Damn, need to try that star party, might revisit cosmic punch as well but need to figure a way to run it so it doesn’t dominate the hops as much

My Hb’d West Coast DIPA at 8.4% and 82 IBUS. it was fermented with Omega StarParty (their Thiolized Chico Strain) and hopped with Columbus, T90 & Cryo Simcoe, T90 & Cryo Strata, & Citra LUPOMAX. I wish it were clearer View attachment 775721
Looks delicious.......Just like what all the cool kids are drinking these days........

For a second I thought you responded to yourself, read @PaleMan as @pianoman… was gunna tell you to mix in some water today lol 😝
Guess that heat gets to you! 😉

Short pour of the latest..WCDIPA. Has about 3x hops as the Simcoe PA but less flavor..?? 🤔

PXL_20220722_211325639.PORTRAIT.jpg

That's why we used to get up at 3.00am and try to get everything done on the ranch before noon in Northern Nevada.

It takes it out of you.
Fun fact, wife and I are looking at Nevada for retirement. Zero income tax and about 1/2 less property tax. Honing in on Fallon but still in the search stage. Lived in Reno for 2nd half of 6th grade and freshman-junior HS years. Never thought I'd return, but you know..that money thing.

Fun fact, wife and I are looking at Nevada for retirement. Zero income tax and about 1/2 less property tax. Honing in on Fallon but still in the search stage. Lived in Reno for 2nd half of 6th grade and freshman-junior HS years. Never thought I'd return, but you know..that money thing.
It's also gorgeous!

You likely didn't get it, having lived there for about four months. But there *are* seasons, some pass in a week, others take more time. The high desert is breathtaking, but you need to approach it on its terms. Once you do, it's amazing. But just as subtle.

Buy a telescope and a few books on geology. You'll never be bored.

*Never* go chuckar hunting. Ever.

Taste of a cider made on the trub of a cantaloupe wheat ale. Slight cantaloupe taste, creamy mouth feel which is pleasant in a cider. I'm curious to see how it is when it's carbed. The beer was tasty.
View attachment 775732
How much cantelope per 5 gals do you typically use? I would think cantaloupe would mostly ferment out but sounds like no....sounds delish.

Back