What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41C29FF0-3F32-485D-B19A-593C1B1467AA.jpeg
Decided to pull out a cellar beer to celebrate our 15 year anniversary tonight. Digging this Farmhouse Ale from The Veil. Looking forward to the other variants I have been sitting on too.

Untappd’s Description:
Open Up and Love Again: Huckleberry and Blueberry is collaboration beer brewed back in August of 2018 during our Forever Summer Festival. It’s a tasty Mixed Fermie™ brewed with lots of raw and malted wheat, noble hops, and a mixed culture of Saison yeasts and Brett. We then fruited the batch with over 700g/L total of Wild Pacific Northwest Huckleberries + North Carolina Blueberries. Intense notes of bramble berries so fresh they’re still on the stem and fruit tarts with pleasant fruit and oak tannins to balance it out.

View attachment 774207Decided to pull out a cellar beer to celebrate our 15 year anniversary tonight. Digging this Farmhouse Ale from The Veil. Looking forward to the other variants I have been sitting on too.

Untappd’s Description:
Open Up and Love Again: Huckleberry and Blueberry is collaboration beer brewed back in August of 2018 during our Forever Summer Festival. It’s a tasty Mixed Fermie™ brewed with lots of raw and malted wheat, noble hops, and a mixed culture of Saison yeasts and Brett. We then fruited the batch with over 700g/L total of Wild Pacific Northwest Huckleberries + North Carolina Blueberries. Intense notes of bramble berries so fresh they’re still on the stem and fruit tarts with pleasant fruit and oak tannins to balance it out.
Congratulations!!

Jonesing for some Rita's. Go to pull some ice and accidentally unplugged it using the food processor the other day.

Well this was a bargain bin find sitting in the back of the fridge.

Italian barleywine open air fermented on Japanese soy barrels. Very interesting. Syrupy balsamic vin and coffee

ITA-
Xyauyù Kioke è una birra che unisce due grandi tradizioni artigiane legate al mondo della fermentazione: l’arte di produrre birra artigianale, incontra l’arte di produrre salsa di soia artigianale.
Kioke è una botte priva di chiusura, in legno di Cipresso, prodotta in Giappone, nell’isola di Shodo da Yasuo Yamamoto (Yamaroku Shoyu) in cui fermenta la soia. Xyauyù nasce in Italia, a Piozzo, nel birrificio agricolo Baladin, dal desiderio di Teo Musso di esplorare l’universo delle ossidazioni.
La birra, già fermentata e maturata per oltre 18 mesi, viene affinata “a cielo aperto” in una botte di Kioke nuova in cui non è stata fermentata la soia e che le dona note resinose di Cipresso e una leggera sfumatura acida, creando un profilo aromatico unico e originale.
ENG-
Xyauyù Kioke combines two great craft traditions in the world of fermentation: the art of beer making meets the art of producing craft soy sauce.
The Kioke is an open cypress wooden barrel produced by Yasuo Yamamoto (Yamaroku Shoyu) in Japan, on the island of Shodo, and is used for the fermentation of soy sauce. Xyauyù was created in Piozzo, Italy, at the Baladin farm brewery, from Teo Musso’s desire to explore the universe of oxidation.
The beer, once fermented and aged for 18 months, is open-air matured inside a new Kioke barrel, i.e. which has never been used for the fermentation of soy. The barrel gives resinous cypress notes and a slightly acidic touch, for a unique aromatic profile.
IMG_20220708_200107.jpg
IMG_20220708_200121.jpg

HB Czech Dark Lager. My first lager ever! Super pleased at my first attempt and already thinking of tweaks for next go round. Velvety smooth, malty goodness, super easy to gulp down as well. Special thanks to the peeps in @Dgallo dark Czech lager thread (I pretty much hijacked that thread lol) as well as @jdauria for answering each and every question I had and providing additional tips in our PM conversation. HBT is a great forum for us homebrew geeks!

EE2DE41B-11E1-47DE-870E-5352D28100DB.jpeg

HB Czech Dark Lager. My first lager ever! Super pleased at my first attempt and already thinking of tweaks for next go round. Velvety smooth, malty goodness, super easy to gulp down as well. Special thanks to the peeps in @Dgallo dark Czech lager thread (I pretty much hijacked that thread lol) as well as @jdauria for answering each and every question I had and providing additional tips in our PM conversation. HBT is a great forum for us homebrew geeks!

View attachment 774309
I glad you got the help you needed. HBT is a great community with a lot of help and experience to provide. I genuinely believe HBT proves how beneficial anecdotal evidence is.

I’ve only run into two or three people who are just plain pains in the A$$e$ or obnoxious narcissists (maybe I’m one? 🧐 lol)l, and only one that’s active, maybe a few of you know who I’m talking about lol

Anywho, glad your dark lager came out great. I becoming a be fan of the style

Last edited:
Space Goat APA by flashlight.
0804213D-22E6-42CE-B725-565853BC1891.jpeg

A big T-storm passed through here about 45 min ago. The big purple blob was right along US Hwy 2 where the main transmission line which connects the dams along the Missouri River runs. It appears that the power is off over a fairly large area.
7FE1A7F6-D0BF-4FDE-9692-0CB8708D4A4C.jpeg

View attachment 774309
That is beautiful looking beer!

Coffee after spending the morning getting everything together that I needed to connect our tractor driven generator to the service entrance to get some current flowing again. Long story short, I was, literally, ready to engage the PTO on the tractor when I got a text telling me the power was back on. Standby generators are great during a power outage, especially the mobile ones that require some setup time. About half the time, when everything is in place, the power comes on. :cool:
9CE94405-C7A3-4750-89D5-CB396AECA7E5.jpeg

View attachment 774309
That's a fine looking Schwarz; probably tastes better than it looks. I'm not advanced enough for lagering, but do a pretty decent one with Common ale yeast and a black lager grain bill.

Back