What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words cannot describe how good this is.
173D0183-8449-4F4C-94F3-4D308F127BF1.jpeg

Elixir Citra IPA from Vis Major.
View attachment 766790

A slightly better day than yesterday when we lost this little dude. Had a heart stent ~3 weeks ago and they found a hole in his heart at that time as well. Woke up yesterday with labored breathing and was gone within 20 mins. 8 months old but doomed from the start. So this beer is for Bernard.
View attachment 766793

A toast to Bernard.
B8FDABB8-C0E8-41BF-A776-C7FD426C54B5.jpeg

HB Hefe working on retirement plan with new inflation rate. 😠

View attachment 767010
I hope it works out for you. I'm out in 3 months, inflation be damned. There will always be something we feel we have to deal with. F it!! I've been working for someone else for close to 50 years, it's time for me.

Last edited:
Garage man cave is open for business!! My 1st Beer in about 4 months, Hofbrau Dunkel while smoking wings and sausage and watching this new fangled rebirth of USFL. 5 days ago 4 inches of snow, this weekend 70s/80s ! Gotta love it.
Michigan weather, wait 15 minutes and you can totally have a 10 degree difference in temp. Enjoy your wings, sausage and Dunkel! Sounds awesome!

Garage man cave is open for business!! My 1st Beer in about 4 months, Hofbrau Dunkel while smoking wings and sausage and watching this new fangled rebirth of USFL. 5 days ago 4 inches of snow, this weekend 70s/80s ! Gotta love it.

These 2 pics didn't load from the above post. Internet going wacko from solar activity.
What!?!? Beer and smoked meats?? Must be the wife is away for a few days!! 😉

In an earlier post on this thread I saw someone (I think @pshankstar), had a Prima Pils by Victory. I brewed a clone of it a couple of years ago and it was great. I wanted to do it again, but couldn’t get the right ingredients. I brewed the same clone with Dark Munich, I call it my amber lager.
9D519038-83D2-4D9F-AF5C-A80E1221723C.jpeg

Just opened this and it went everywhere, like a geyser, what the hell, it startled me a bit, fresh case, why.. why did this happen, wife picked it up cold from the beer store earlier and as far as I know she wasnt in any high speed chases or off road competition on the way home, which even then it's been like 2 hours in the beer fridge. Hope the other 14 aren't the same or I'll have to be prepared to chug the first 4 ounces everytime I crack one... I guess I'll find out shortly.View attachment 766813
Yep, the whole pack was this way...
20220424_163317.jpg

Michigan weather, wait 15 minutes and you can totally have a 10 degree difference in temp. Enjoy your wings, sausage and Dunkel! Sounds awesome!
Actually yesterday , in less than 10 min driving my son home from Amazon, temp went from 83° to 70° ! We were actually watching it drop as we drove. Can only imagine what's coming with the climate change. Swimming in the day , ice fishing at night!

What!?!? Beer and smoked meats?? Must be the wife is away for a few days!! 😉
Naw. Smoked is not fried and this was my 1st Beer in 4 months. Long as I don't try to go back to my beer swilling days along with pizza and fried chicken I'm ok. Trust me....she kept the evil eye on duty.. Just in case.

Naw. Smoked is not fried and this was my 1st Beer in 4 months. Long as I don't try to go back to my beer swilling days along with pizza and fried chicken I'm ok. Trust me....she kept the evil eye on duty.. Just in case.

We’ll, she’s right you know. She wants to keep you around for a while…..probably just to pester me about my…..let’s just say, “unconventional brewing techniques.” LOL!!!

Up most of last night as it was my youngest daughters’ prom. Prom/after prom so in and out of sleep until she got home at 4 am. So Cheers!
View attachment 767074
oh damn, Im not ready for that. My oldest is 16 and she's goin on her first date this week. Having a hard time with my "lil" kids growing up tbh.

HB Wheat APA after talking myself out of brewing today. Farm chores took longer than planned.
View attachment 767077
I, too, planned on brewing. Other things - sleep - got in the way. Oh well, something to look forward to next weekend - which gives me time to change my mind in what I want to brew.

Back