What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know IPAs made with Crystal malt are way out of style on both ends of the spectrum, but GD it I love them. Kudos to Sierra Nevada for being stuck in the 80s for a lot of their beers.

View attachment 764814

It is so good, they just know how to brew good beer. Could be I'm a fan of crystal malt too.

OT homebrew Brown Ale
C0F6EF9D-637B-49CF-B50E-E574B7C93B01.jpeg

sleepy cat  beer.jpg

As I was saying earlier on the other forum, not a staged photo...really. That one is bourbon-barrel aged. Not bad. Below is a new label I'm not sure of, I'll have to look at the box to see whether it's a current beer they already make or an early recipe. Good, nonetheless.
Note: That's Dashel Stormageddon Dark Lord of All, First of His Name, not being pleased by my interruption.
throwback label.jpg

With today’s spring cleaning session winding down, I believe I deserve a reward. Carbonation check on a German pils at one week in the keg. It had a troubled closed transfer, but somehow has turned out okay. I’ve done better, but I won’t eagerly await the demise of this keg. It’s quite nice. It will also isolate the efficacy of LODO practices prior to packaging.
CDD5DD80-2A95-447B-9CC1-009BF75E8B2E.jpeg

Edit: Yeah, I enjoy a bit of lemon with my hefe in the Spring. Bring it! ;)

Last edited:
I hope we, as a group, don't get all "Freedom Fries" again and blame the innocent who are as decent as you or me and are at the mercy of their government. "No," if you're thinking it, you can't trust what I say, but that's the way it is.
RDWHAHB (first time I've written that).
The only thing I personally abhor more is "SWMBO."
MMMM, good.
515 Gale's Prize Old Ale.jpg

Last edited:
After a day of drinking local pours and spending too much money on the whole “shop local” movement, I’m home and moving on to something lighter while my pizza dough rises for later.

4CDDDD97-A3A4-4991-89C0-C60648D2B50F.jpeg

In the spirit of the Master’s coming up, I did pick up a pretty sweet hat.

8C69B2F5-4F87-4D49-BFA9-733560F97A44.jpeg

After a day of drinking local pours and spending too much money on the whole “shop local” movement, I’m home and moving on to something lighter while my pizza dough rises for later.

View attachment 764928

In the spirit of the Master’s coming up, I did pick up a pretty sweet hat.

View attachment 764929
If that was available for sale in the clubhouse at Augusta, you know people would buy it and wear it with pride, clueless to what was embroidered on the hat. I think it's the braid across the bill that does it. It lets A-holes like that know that this is an okay hat to wear.

Bollocks to?
Chill. I've been doing a bit of buzzed Spring Cleaning and muffed a post. It had nothing to do with what I assume is a post about a RIS. There's no interest in your bait. Just bad timing.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have 40 gallons of beer and the undersides of chairs that need cleaning. :)

Chill. I've been doing a bit of buzzed Spring Cleaning and muffed a post. It had nothing to do with what I assume is a post about a RIS. There's no interest in your bait. Just bad timing.
I didn't bait you. I asked a straightforward question, didn't know you were doing buzzed Spring Cleaning. Your one-word post was cryptic and came directly after my buzzed post. You had me at "muffed a post."
Cheers.
Edit: was actually curious about the 51st state bit?
Double Edit: My moral code requires that I apologize for assuming the negative. Sorry.

I didn't bait you. I asked a straightforward question, didn't know you were doing buzzed Spring Cleaning. Your one-word post was cryptic and came directly after my buzzed post. You had me at "muffed a post."
Cheers.
Edit: was actually curious about the 51st state bit?
Double Edit: My moral code requires that I apologize for assuming the negative. Sorry.
It's cool.

@davidabcd I am not speaking for all Canadians, but some folks up here in The Great White North feel we've become the 51st State of the USA. My opinion is my own, and I'd like to post another picture of beer. ;)

Old picture of one I'm sipping right now, although they are getting a bit easier to drink. Maybe I'm getting used to the funk?

brett2.jpg

@davidabcd I am not speaking for all Canadians, but some folks up here in The Great White North feel we've become the 51st State of the USA.
From a US perspective (mine), Canada is greatly respected by us and unique and admired. It's an appreciated partnership/ally. Anyone who says differently is just trying to disturb.
I come from Canadian-born parents so I'm first-gen here in America. If referring to oneself as a member of the 51st is a term of endearment and not derogatory, I'm for it.
Thanks for the info.
My favorite beer (photo below), sadly, not from Canada. But I will have a Molson Golden if they still make them!
best ever.jpg

From a US perspective (mine), Canada is greatly respected by us and unique and admired. It's an appreciated partnership/ally. Anyone who says differently is just trying to disturb.
I come from Canadian-born parents so I'm first-gen here in America. If referring to oneself as a member of the 51st is a term of endearment and not derogatory, I'm for it.
Thanks for the info.
That’s one AWFULLY big state, though. 😀

Cheers!

That’s one AWFULLY big state, though
Amen. For work, my wife got to drive a large truck cross the expanse of Canada but shadowing it from Oregon to Maine. She'd never seen such weather as we have here in Michigan, she said.

Going to name my next cat that--just some good words put together.
Also going to post a beer photo now to stay on topic.
Edit: I can't believe we used to buy Cafe Bustelo for coffee. View attachment 764940
" Foggy Bottom is thought to have received its name due to an atmospheric quirk of its low lying, marshy riverside location, which made it susceptible to concentrations of fog, and later, industrial smoke. "

Foggy Bottom is thought to have received its name due to an atmospheric quirk of its low lying, marshy riverside location, which made it susceptible to concentrations of fog, and later, industrial smoke.
Love that kind of info minus our interference. Don't know if it's true or not but the weather that stays at bay out over the water in Los Angeles is due to specific conditions. Watched a weather map and it seemed to uphold the info.
But "Foggy Bottom"? Love it. I think there's the Foggy Bottom Boys from the movie. Not going to check, could be wrong.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back