What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highclere Castle Martini.
20220322_202850.jpg

I’ve been on such a lager kick lately, I figured I’d better give the hops some love. This is top 3 Sierra Nevada for me with Pale Ale and Celebration rounding out the list but not necessarily in that order.View attachment 763817

I feel ya I've been hitting the bells two hearted pretty consistently. I need to give my Boddington's HB some love when it's carbed and need to get some Guinness rolling too!

Last day in SD so a Pliny the Elder at Knotty Barrel to end the trip.
View attachment 763807
The first time I had Pliny was ~8-10 years ago in SF. Specifically took the subway to Monk’s Kettle and it was just so different and great. It’s still great, but not that different anymore. If it’s on the tap list I will always have it - and I guess imitation is the best form of flattery - but there are so many great IPAs and DIPAs now. And this is not to diminish it in anyway, so I give huge kudos to Russian River for really being the start (or one of them) of the “destination” beers.

Goose Island IPA on tap. I didn't have any hoppy homebrew available, so put in a commercial keg. Usually, when homebrewers say their brew is better than commercial, eyeroll. But I'm sure my ipas are better than Goose Island.

In front of it, grabbed some yeast slurry after transferring beers to keg from fermentors.

1648075607569.png

Last edited:
Goose Island IPA on tap. I didn't have any hoppy homebrew available, so put in a commercial keg. Usually, when homebrewers say their brew is better than commercial, eyeroll. But I'm sure my ipas are better than Goose Island.

In front of it, grabbed some yeast slurry after transferring beers to keg from fermentors.

View attachment 763839
Why is one of them green?

Back