What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sushi rolls and Belgian style beer

Duval.

Veil

6EC9D253-11BA-44CD-AAC7-6820B91F33FB.jpeg
B7029A83-F20A-4CD4-9EB8-83FAAB414FFC.jpeg
17E32E4D-722C-4806-851E-B3DA3306D883.jpeg

My wife is a chef and she has to work until 10 tonight so I'm flying solo for most of this NYE. I'm going to sous vide a ribeye steak with baby potatoes and asparagus, and thought a G&T would pair perfectly so I distilled a quick batch of lemongrass gin. Tasty!

20211231_204622.jpg

20211231_212004.jpg

Last edited:
I have moved past the rage drinking of my insipid holiday beer and entered into the vengeance drinking stage. A retaliatory recipe has been written and the wheels of reprisal are now in motion. Soon, these pusillanimous tropical hops will suffer the ignominy of the garbage disposal and be replaced by the power and glory of C-hops.

These effete tropical hops with their decadent hints of guava, passion fruit, and coy notes of lime shall be smitted and in their place shall rise a behemoth reeking of gas station air fresheners, lemon Pine-sol, and industrial citrus cleaning products!

Mark my words. Vengeance shall be mine!
image.jpg

Last edited:
I have moved passed the rage drinking of my insipid holiday beer and moved into the vengeance drinking stage. A retaliatory recipe has been written and the wheels of reprisal are now in motion. Soon, these pusillanimous tropical hops will suffer the ignominy of the garbage disposal and be replaced by the power and glory of C-hops.

These effete tropical hops with their decadent hints of guava, passion fruit, and coy notes of lime shall be smitted and in their place shall rise a behemoth reeking of gas station air fresheners, lemon Pine-sol, and industrial citrus cleaning products!

Mark my words. Vengeance shall be mine!View attachment 754158
Well, someone is in their cups!

Well, someone is in their cups!

Soon, but not yet. I've spent the prior two hours nursing two pils glasses of this tropical swill while plotting my revenge recipe.

Revenge is a dish best served cold....albeit with a slight buzz.

Last edited:
My first time ever having Lindemans Frambois Iambic. A bit sweet but very good ! Happy New Year HBT fam !!!View attachment 754162
Lindeman's gets a lot of flack from the purist side of the spectrum, but I'll be damned if I know of an outfit that outmatches them at producing a beer with a more vibrant, fresh fruit flavor.

Speaking as a brewer, they're *amazing* beers! I wish more brewers would give them the respect they deserve.

Back